PTE Stream: 70126-main

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 7, 2014.

1. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Updating the MS Frame Network to the latest version (4.0, I believe) did the trick.
  2. s03g

s03g Member

I tried that too but failed as I've got Windows 8.1 and it's part of the OS so the installation failed.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'll be interested to see how this impacts Dox. People like elodea were already using their speed to shutdown any expansion, and now they have increased range. Frankly, if anything, it feels to me like it's Grenadiers which are the bot which serves no purpose. Maybe in heavy woodland... I wouldn't mind having a second option over the Ripper for my force mainstay though.

Surprised to see such a dramatic nerf of the Vanguard, should be interesting to see in action. I think the community severely over-reacted to them, especially as it's Shellers and not Vanguards which are the real threat.

Really surprised to see no changes to advanced bots. Do the Sheller nerfs give the advanced bots a reason to exist? The Slammer was a good Vanguard counter, but Shellers were the real threat. I really want a reason to build the Bluehawk and I miss the tech 2 rush era T2 bot/vehicle balance where both felt equally viable but opened up very different games.

I wonder if there's a reason to build Levellers now.
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Try to install those packages.

Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (both x86 & x64):
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
    VC++2010:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

VC++ 2013 (both x86 & x64):
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
  5. s03g

s03g Member

Thanks SXX - I installed the VC++ 2013 but not the 2012 versions - the game now runs as it should do now, although I find it odd that by copying the files across that the game worked as it should have done without the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package as well as that the files are installed by default in the stable version.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Attempts to manually copy DLL files is always wrong way to fix such problems.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. Deletive

Deletive Member

ooh this makes me really happy... I just upgraded so i'll have to re0do the whole PTE stuff again which i'm too lazy to do.
  8. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

The range increase of dox will make micro way easier so it will help a lot i assume, also the option to go trough a lake is great because dox always got stuck on the shoreline so micro is easier. For the vanguards, its testing time i supose. Im happy with the sheller nerf but i still think they are pretty damn strong.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Is the AI supposed to be able to build on lava?
    pa 2014-08-07 19-28-07-92.jpg pa 2014-08-07 19-28-31-63.jpg pa 2014-08-07 19-28-34-83.jpg pa 2014-08-07 19-28-35-55.jpg
    Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Actually there is no "real" lava at moment. :(
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Holy hell. You listened to us on balance, at least regarding T2 Vehicles. AMAZING. Thanks. Made my day :)

Also, very surprised. But excited.

Here's what I think about the dox buff:

[​IMG]

Range increase: Excited!
    Amphibious: Vomit!
    No Vision Increase: Weird!
    Age-old pathing problems still occur despite new pathing: Vomit!
    stuart98, ArchieBuld and brianpurkiss like this.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

- GW: lines to isolated systems a different color
    - GW: planet desc typo corrections
    - GW: Revenant system tweaked
    - Game over updated to handle multiple victors
    - Possible fix for eco notifications for spectators
    - Options renamed on New Game screen
    - New handler in relays for handling modded games - remains to be seen if everything works.

Oh... and click on the Uber logo lower left in start, and "show credits" ;^)
    Remy561, cwarner7264 and tollman like this.
  14. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Modded replays work. Here is me testing out the balance changes with puppetmaster drop pods.

15. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

if anyone sees this video you will never look at "we nerfed "unit here"" the same way aver again

16. tollman

tollman Member

- A major problem with units not responding to move command. Too frustrating to finish the game. I thought at first it was when a lot of units were chosen but it is not that. Sometimes if you take smaller groups from a bigger one they kick into action. But then if you try to grab the big group again they all stop. It is like if there is one bad egg they all turn into bad eggs.
    - Lots of units stuck in the ice.
    - The orbital launcher white wire frame that shows up to place the building was laying on its side only partially showing up. Just clicked on an empty area and it still built fine though.
    - I don't know if this is true in the main (i remember someone mentioning it in a previous PTE report so probably is) but the bomb bots still veer away from targets you tell them to attack. Well, they did with me anyway. Still automatically ran at targets which got close though.
    - I really shouldn't be playing in the middle of the day, but thanks for the updates :)
  17. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Have the bugs regarding pathing and units getting stuck been acknowledged? They are not pretty minor, they are game breaking.

Get your commander stuck and its game over.

I dont see anywhere that this has been confirmed. Im so confused. Surely its not just me who gets units stuck everywhere, especially on Metal and lava planets.
    liltbrockie likes this.
  18. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Also seeing lots of stuck units and units not responding to move commands :-(

And OSX 10.9.5 client crashes:

Code:
    *** error for object 0x610000e385e0: Heap corruption detected, free list canary is damaged

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010505d640 zu::Counted::addRef() + 0
    1  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104ff8c9d crom::RasRenTechnique::setParameters(zu::RefNoCount<crom::BoundParameterBlock const>, bool, bool) + 301
    2  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010503d7fc crom::RasRenSceneViewport::renderMeshes(crom::RasRenSceneViewport::SceneInfo const&, std::__1::__wrap_iter<crom::RasRenDrawCall const* const*>, std::__1::__wrap_iter<crom::RasRenDrawCall const* const*>, zu::StringRange, std::__1::function<void (crom::RasRenDrawCall const&)> const&) + 2268
    3  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010503b4ea crom::RasRenSceneViewport::renderBucket(crom::RasRenSceneViewport::DrawBucket const&, zu::StringRange, std::__1::function<void (crom::RasRenDrawCall const&)> const&, std::__1::function<void (crom::RasRenSceneViewport::SceneInfo const&)> const&) + 202
    4  com.uberent.pa.client            0x00000001050399bf crom::RasRenSceneViewport::renderLit() + 1087
    5  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104faedac crom::RasRen::renderLit(int) + 188
    6  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104bba272 client::ClientGame::updateAndPresent(crom::Profiler&, float) + 4786
    7  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104ef475f crom::SDLPlatform::runGame(crom::Game*) + 719
    8  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104eed388 main + 264
    9  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104b6cc64 start + 52
  19. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I haven't verified this yet, but I believe this change doesn't remove wreckage but rather has it defined by it parent object instead of its own value.
  20. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

It would be nice to hear that Uber are working on this critical issue. You can add all the polish you want... if you can't actually move your units anywhere its all for nothing!