Winners don't "gg" - mind your manners ...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Shwyx, August 3, 2014.

1. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

The first one saying "GG" is usually the loser. The winner could say "GG" as a response as well.
  2. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

The only time I ever see anyone say gg is when they pub stomp players who build one factory the entire game.

So take that as you will.
  3. idsan

idsan Member

I agree that the player with the upper hand saying "gg" before the match ends is a little arrogant. I don't do that. Most of the time I'll actually quickly type "nice match" or something like that (if the match was nice, that is) as just hitting "gg" is a little mechanical.
  4. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I capitalize both g's as to add to the douche-ness

GG m8
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  5. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

not to sound like an *** but do we really need a thread about this? Don't have to say GG if you don't want to and no its completely wrong to say that it is used as admitting defeat I say GG regardless if I win or loose in any online games I play... GG or "good game" literately means... GOOD GAME.. end of story.....Well Played is admitting defeat or the derogatory comments that persist at the end of a game is admitting defeat.. Its polite to say it, it shows some good sportsmanship, happens in every battlefield game I've ever played but no one is required to do that....
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

GG or Good Game is also what you do after real life sports games. The whole of both teams shake hands and say "Good Game."

Also what would you think if I told you there is a similar thread/s of this topic on these forums for another Uber game?

Can't a match being played all the way through be considered a good game?
    lokiCML, squishypon3 and Jaedrik like this.
  7. balsamicninja

balsamicninja Member

I feel this is aimed at me.
  8. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

It actually is - at least partially. Our game from yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back; I've thought about writing something regarding "gg etiquette", so to speak, for quite some time now.

For context: balsamicninja and I played (and won) a team game yesterday and had a small discussion about the use of "gg" upon the game's end.
  9. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

Saying "good game" with the proper intention is an act of humility, one that ought always be done consistently and fervently. It honors the art of competition. 'Winners' should always earnestly mean to say that it was a worthy game, or a 'good' game, just as the 'loser'. There is no difference.

I prefer to view all my matches as win-wins. I gave the opponent a battle, and I grew as a player. Always seek to better yourself.
    lokiCML, DeadStretch and kayonsmit101 like this.
  10. balsamicninja

balsamicninja Member

Alright I'll keep the GG rules in mind.
    Shwyx likes this.
  11. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Because "GG" can be read as starcraft's GG, maybe we need to write "Good Game!" instead? Just to show that this is not starcraft, and we don't want to have same rules. This will also avoid sittuation when someone feels bad, because he think you laugh at him. That you telling that game is over when he is still fighting.
    You can tell that "well, this is not my problem, I'm using it as I think it means, right?" No, you are not alone when playing this game, and there some standards in other games, that other players can knows and think they are proper. I can't ignore that.
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You'd think people would know whether they're playing PA or Starcraft.
    lokiCML, shootall, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  13. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

Breh.
    You know they're talking about the intention, the true meaning, of the message, though I admit their labels are silly.
    Geers pls.
    And now, I must sleep! Goodnight, dear friends.
  14. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Or they could be like me and a lot of other people that have never played starcraft and so couldn't care less about what the rules of that game are.
    lokiCML, shootall and mot9001 like this.
  15. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

So why this discusion is even here? I think It's here because some people see problem with it, and it's makes a difference for them. If we found some people here, then much more other guys are also there, but not sitting here on the forum.
    Shwyx likes this.
  16. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

I usually say:
    Your a noob and a loser that sucks at life which will never amount to anything and that you should just kill yourself now!​
    o_O
    So what your telling me is that I've been doing it wrong :confused: ... hummmmmmmm ... :confused:
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah obviously you've been wasting time writing out that long sentence, when in fact it can be condensed down to two simple letters: "GG"
  18. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

"GG, Skrub"
  19. ghoner666

ghoner666 Member

I don't usually say much on the forum, but dat topic...just wow.

To me game etiquette is pretty much not cheating or insulting the other players.
    What's next, clean suit with tie required before entering a match?

If I ever get offended by a misuse of a positive input (good game), hell I might just start cutting myself when someone post a mean comment on facebook or youtube.
    Geers and cptconundrum like this.
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Sone scars are cut in deep without the need of a knife...

/overreaction of YouTube comment hell/