small request: ideal worker buttons

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by monte93, August 3, 2014.

?

useful?

1. heck yeah i hate looking for the lil buggers

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. no, thats stupid!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. monte93

monte93 Active Member

so u guys believe me… i showed this cat pa…...[​IMG]
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. monte93

monte93 Active Member

im not saying more players better game I'm saying: if they like the game, new players should be able to learn how to play it… regardless if they are hardcore rts fans or not.
  3. monte93

monte93 Active Member

THANK YOU! sorry sometimes the badger in my head stops me from making sense but u explained it beautifully!
    Last edited: August 3, 2014
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Obviously we are all thinking of the wrong cat.

#puntastic.
    drewsuser and cptconundrum like this.
  5. monte93

monte93 Active Member

there is no wrong cat my friend….
  6. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

There might be a shortcut key. It should still however be visible in the UI.

This isnt your normal game where you are closely zoomed in like Starcraft 2, or a tiny square map. Its pretty damn easy to lose track of workers. and it would be nice to just be able to visually scan your eye balls across the screen and see ohh 15 idle air workers.
  7. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

The current hot key, if I'm not mistaken, selects the idle fabbers, it would be nice if the screen jumped to them.
    monte93 likes this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

@cwarner7264 plays as "TheWrongCat" ;)
    monte93 likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

what if there are idle fabbers scattered across a planet or even the solar system?

That would be quirky.
  10. LmalukoBR

It would still be easier then finding them manually, I'm not advocating removing the select feature, just adding the jump one. And if you click the button in PiP, u can easily manage your idle fabbers and never get lost.
  11. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Oh I get it. The topic is a pun. The OP wants a button for each worker type so they can select the right worker for the situation. So for example if the task requires speed then the ideal worker is an air constructor.
    monte93 likes this.
  12. killerkiwijuice

i dont think anyone would have time to manage idle fabs anyway, you should just make build ques.

That's not an important feature to me.
  13. LmalukoBR

Yeah but in team battles and free for alls is easy to forget a fabber u set a queue in the beginning of the game (hell I've seen some pros forgetting them even in tournaments with 1v1), this is common.

With a hotkey to jump between idle fabbers, when you have some time u can quickly check your fabbers in PiP, and add more stuff to their queues.

If you are not gonna use it that is OK, but I think a lot of people wold find it useful and I see no harm in adding it.
  14. killerkiwijuice

Define 'pros' ;)
  15. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Jup. AOE-style, with a Fabrication Bot just leaning against something being lazy :D

Idle*.
  16. LmalukoBR

Lol, yeah i guess no one is making money out of PA yet, I was saying from videos of the last tourneys: matiz, clopse, burntcustard, milkdragon, elodea, zaphod you know "these folks";). If u watch a video of the last tourney u will see they all end up forgetting some fabers at some point.

The only player that seems to be immune to these little mistakes is the self appointed greatest player of PA in the hole universe: Mr muscles (AKA Brad Nicholson). And thats because he doesn't need fabbers to win. LOL.
  17. monte93

monte93 Active Member

i just feel that while hotkeys do most of the functions being able to click on wat you want might help you understand how to play the game better
    there are a loooot of different decisions you need to make per minute and losing for not having the supercomputer brain or experience will turn off not only new player but also current player that feel the game is a lil bit un-organized
  18. monte93

monte93 Active Member

glad someone got it
  19. monte93

monte93 Active Member

I'm just trying to get the game a lil bit more organized so new player can join with out us PA veterans being as smug and annoyingly OP…..
  20. idsan

idsan Member

The screen can't jump to more than one location. So if all of your fabbers are scattered in different directions, how would the screen respond?

I generally select all idle fabbers only if my base is large enough for me to lose track of them entirely - and at that point, the scale of the match is large enough for me not to care where they are, but only that they eventually converge and build that damn nuke launcher.