Community AbleGamers Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, July 25, 2014.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

Saturday 2nd August 2014 at 1800 UTC on twitch.tv/therealsorian
    Dualcasted by Sorian and WPMarshall

This idea was tabled a few weeks ago (thanks Gandalf :)) and I've been steadily working with a few people from the forums to take it from concept to reality.

On behalf of the PA community, I'm proud to present what promises to be an extremely unique Planetary Annihilation tournament in support of a good cause! This tournament has been constructed around fundraising and promises to be a very enjoyable evening for players and spectators alike. Make a note in your diaries, because you'll be really miffed if you miss it, I promise you!

Here's a page to track how much we're raising: http://www.gofundme.com/PlanetaryAblegamers

The format:

The tournament will consist of two rounds of four-way Free-For-Alls. There will be four FFAs in Round 1, with the winner of each taking a seat in the final round. We will be hosting some other variety events between tournament rounds which will rely heavily on audience interaction. You'll get some more details on these nearer the time!

Let me go into a bit more detail on the FFA rounds themselves, because they're really rather different to what I'm sure you're all used to.

In this particular tournament, our competitors will need a bit of help from you, the viewers. We will be making use of the Puppetmaster server mod, which Wondible kindly developed specifically for this tournament. We are currently working on making a menu, by which you can donate to our AbleGamers charity pot, and in return for your donation, you can buy some units for a player in-game.

Is the underdog getting attacked from all sides? You can buy him a handful of defensive towers to keep him going. Somebody you don't like is strapping thrusters to a moon? Strap some on there for one of his opponents and blast him away into space. Not enough nuke spam in the game? Yes you can fix that.

I'll be publishing a document shortly detailing all the rules and guidelines for donating and for spawning units into the game, and we'll also be holding some 'auctions' in the Twitch chat where you can bid on a selection of units not on the menu to gift to your preferred player.

Participants:
    • Posidian
    • Shadowpig24
    • Zykey
    • Cola_Colin
    • Pt4H
    • Burntcustard
    • CptConundrum
    • Elodea
    • Laren
    • Milkdragon
    • Max
    • Vorell
    • Masterofroflness
    • Pieman2906
    • Headcrab
    • K1S3L
    THE PUPPETMASTER:
    • Wondible
    Special thanks:

@reptarking - Concept and admin
    @wondible - Puppetmaster mod
    @sorian & @wpmarshall - Casters
    @nanolathe - Artwork

[​IMG]
    Last edited: August 2, 2014
  2. cwarner7264

[​IMG]
    Last edited: August 2, 2014
  3. cwarner7264

Last edited: July 30, 2014
    zweistein000 likes this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Darn! I'm going to miss it! Good luck guys! :p
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Yo

What happened to Brian and I helping to cast? D:
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. cwarner7264

I've had to reformat it because to make the whole donation system work, it really needs to be focussed around a single channel. Sorian agreed to cast and at the time we thought that would mean we would have access to Uber's channel - again trying to increase exposure to maximise donations.

I'm sorry I can't use everyone who's volunteered to help out but at the end of the day the main focus here is to make sure AbleGamers get as much $$$ as possible, so I've had to make a few changes to what was originally planned to facilitate that.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Just clarifying. Thanks bro.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

This sounds like an amazing way to raise funds. How many spectators will be puppeteers?
  9. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

What a great idea for raising the money.
  10. cwarner7264

Just one - there will be three spectators per game; Sorian and Marshall, who will be casting, plus one other (as yet undetermined) who will be the puppetmaster.
  11. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

This is going to be a really fun tournament!
  12. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Gawd I'm going to just end up throwing money at my screen for this
  13. cwarner7264

Who's to say you won't play? ;)
  14. cwarner7264

I should probably mention, I've only had a handful of PMs so far for people who want to compete - if you feel up for the challenge, please do PM to request a place!
  15. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

from watching the video of the test, this does look like it will be a lot of fun. The teleporters are an awesome thing to put in to shake things up :)
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  16. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Is there anyway I can help you with this? I'm not going to be able to enter the tournament.:(
  17. cwarner7264

Schedule added to the second post - (thanks again @nanolathe for the awesome artwork)
  18. cwarner7264

Best way is to try and spread the word - the more viewers we get the better for AbleGamers :)
  19. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

This is gonna be a lot of fun for all.
  20. cwarner7264

Look what Marshii made:

Quitch, cdrkf, wpmarshall and 3 others like this.