This Latest Patch is TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!!!oneone+shift

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by damnhippie, July 28, 2014.

1. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

There were 3 planets orbiting around a small moon. I had control of all three planets and the moon but, whatever orbital I sent, it got stuck rotating around the central moon!
    [​IMG]
    A guy in chat was constantly goading me and talking about how I liked bum (I don't but if you do that's cool) so I had had enough and decided to Halley up the moon. I sent the moon to the enemy but WHAT'S THIS?! The patch has changed everything!!! Now my planets get dragged along with my moon!
    [​IMG]
    Then when my main planet touches the sun it gets sucked in and I die!
    [​IMG]
    The worst part is that cause I'm dead the Halleys disappear and the moon doesn't smash into my aneamony.
    Booooooo!!!! This patch is terrible revert it please. I should NOT have to use my head when throwing planets about!:eek::mad::mad::confused::mad::mad::oops::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:);):confused::D:oops::(:rolleyes::D:eek::cool:;):(:eek::eek::eek:

(Of course I'm only joking. I laughed for a good 5 minutes at my folly after scolding myself for 10 at my stupidity).
    Last edited: July 28, 2014
  2. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

You have stumbled on to a interesting side effect of many of the changes. But most of the changes are quite good. There is def. still some orbital smashing balancing / work to be done.
    RMJ likes this.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

If you post this in support or at the bugtracker then Uber can take it serious. This is like, It sucks. Does that going to fix it? I don't think so...
  4. jpinard

jpinard Member

Whew! So glad to read you're just joking. Thought for a while there you were serious LOL
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I like how now you have to carefully time launching your planet to not loose it's moon. It's good depth.
    Last edited: July 28, 2014
    damnhippie likes this.
  6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It'll be even better when we're able to move moons and planets without smashing them.
  7. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Can you share the lobbyid of the game this happened in? I would love to dig up the replay file to take a closer look.
    drewsuser and damnhippie like this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

9. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

This is freaking awesome haha
  10. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

EverOrbiting is just a bug.
    When you grab a planet that has moons and send it to smash, I plan to have it pulled away and the moons just orbit whatever the main planet was orbiting (usually the sun).
    Remy561, ArchieBuld, EdWood and 3 others like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The one serious problem is the new build-a-saturn feature.

That REALLY needs to be fixed.
  12. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

I'm fairly sure it's that one too but I cant load the replay, the game keeps saying "failed to join game" or "failed to load replay".
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

But- But- But- smashing people into the su-u-u-unnnn [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(that said I applaud this approach, it's much more realistic. Guess we'll just have to find another way to smash things into the sun)
    yagamesh, stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Just firing up your replay now - I find it incredible that people actually play on systems that big. No fewer than 9 planets. My computer's having an aneurysm and there aren't even any units yet.

EDIT: Lol, PA crashed before I could get anywhere near your part.
  15. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The artificial ring created after a smash or the massive amount of avengers endlessly orbiting?
  16. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

How can one retrieve this info ?
    It's no longer shown in the "My Replay" screen/table.
    Not everyone is using PA Stats, or recording every games.
    I tried with the Coherent Debbuger, but don't know where to look (+ there is a constant refresh annoying as hell)
  17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

yes ofc.

Build-A-Saturn.
  18. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

Huh you actually managed to load the replay at all? I couldn't even get that far.
  19. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

sounds realistic awesome
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yeah, a planet bringing it's moons along with it while it's moved is actually realistic... I suppose not fun gameplay wise? :p

It'd make more sense if the planet brought it's moons, smashed the other planet, and it's moons got snagged by the planet that the guy was smashing.