Strategic Icon Help

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by RainbowDashPwny, July 26, 2014.

1. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

Hello there,

I've just started on my first mod and went and re-added in the AA bot and created a stat icon for him.
    I have created the proper folder structure matching the base games and made my icon_si_bot_aa.png file.
    I added the bot_aa reference into the icon_atlas.js (just 'bot_aa'). When the unit comes out in the game all I get is a broken file picture. Are there any other places I need to reference a file or path?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

check your original post. ill copypaste it here.

Original reply follows:

I like the AA bot how it looks like planetside2 heavies firing rockets. BTW, RCBM said the only way they figured out how to make bot AA icon work for bot AA is renaming the whole damn thing like a brand new unit. Make the folder, unit,json and unit all named AntiAir_Bot or something, and then make the strat icon SI_AntiAir_Bot or something.

End quote.

So basically, as long as it retains the file or unit name "bot_aa", it will jerk you around on the Strat Icon. Best to rename it dog_turd and then the icon as si_dog_turd. At least it will work...
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  3. RainbowDashPwny

Thanks a ton. dog_turd it is! =P
  4. RainbowDashPwny

Is there a way to get your actual Strategic icon up? It doesn't look the RCBM is out to everyone ATM so I can't look, but I know Statera has this problem also where instead of your nice new fancy icon all you get is a radar blip diamond.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Read the post I put on the main thread.

Strategic icons in server mods are broken. You have to use a client mod.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

yeah forgot! Bot_aa won't work but even a changed name will work only if clientside also supports it.

does statera have clientside icons yet? If not it does need one for completion.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Client side icons are an easy thing to make. First we need the strategic icons though.
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  8. RainbowDashPwny

I think I'll wait till they just get server side icons to work before worry about it then. I have icons, I just don't want to release a second mod for it, though it would minimal effort, but I mean, this is one unit, one icon. I will never add more units than this...