Galactic War: Build 69721

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 26, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Tasks closed/fixed on bug tracker for 69564:
    • PA#630 - 5.1 sound - non-UI effects only from rear speakers.

• PA#3230 - Full screen doesn't work when Win7 Areo is disabled

• PA#3613 - Unable to build after using hotkeys
    • PA#3713 - Crash after deleting value and changing slider
    • PA#3736 - Hornet can't reach Commanders in water, just creates tornado of missles
    • PA#3647 - Builders continue to assist factories after finish building
    • PA#3773 - Unit Icons missing in hover bar during Galactic War
    • PA#3774 - Unable to "Return to War" after reviewing game
    Last edited: July 26, 2014
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. johnfrost87

johnfrost87 New Member

nice patch, i have one request thou. when you create a game you cant see details about the system as host. if i generate a random system i cant see how many engines a moon have for example. i always have to get a friend to leave the game and check the system from the "multiplayer screen"
    lokiCML, kjotak109 and vorell255 like this.
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Well, it goes bot first in my mod still ;D The main change I've noticed this build AI wise is that it *seems* to be attacking fabricators more than what the fabricator is building, which is amazing <3

EDIT: Hm maybe they don't, or maybe they need vision of the fabbers to do it and the AI I've been watching just hasn't seen the fabbers.
    Last edited: July 26, 2014
  4. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

There's nothing in the notes about changes to spawn locations, but the game doesn't appear to enforce a four MEX minimum any more.

A good approach to the last patch, but with the assault bot changes the AI might be thinking a patch behind ;)
  6. acey195

acey195 Member

Garat, I love it when you talk nerdy. (nohomo)

Great update anyways!
  7. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

An annoying bug to report:

- Vehicle fabricators sometimes enter a state where they permanently refuse to accept any more orders.

This bug has forced me to delete the problematic units and build replacements.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

:rolleyes:
  9. acey195

acey195 Member

Just be clear, I completely support anyone's personal choice on this subject, I thought this was a well established and accepted joke ;) </overreaction>
  10. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Just to be sure it ain't missed (it was posted in General Discussion)
    • Commander is selected when you use shortcut to select ground army (default: Shift+F7)
    • AA (stingers) are not selected when you use shortcut to select ground army
    • Combat fabbers are selected, but not Advanced Combat fabber when you use shortcut to select ground army.
    Dromed and Quitch like this.
  11. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Pathfinding still problematic. Fabbers keep getting stuck. I wonder if one got "stuck" under the blueprint of the structure it was about to build (energy plant), and refused to move on its own (it was also up against a factory).

Game is now stuttery for me after a little while (micro-freezes). New shiny techy stuff not yet as good as it should be? Can't tell if it's server or client, but I will say server FPS drops to say 0.2 for a moment, jumps up to something absurd, and normalizes again. But for all I know it's just server trying to stay in sync with client. o_O

Also have had more issues than before with commander/fabbers "forgetting" their orders, or refusing to correctly take/queue up new ones.
  12. sechastain

sechastain Member

Performance on my linux machine has tanked.

Game performance is the worst than it has ever been since we the black screen issues were resolved on Linux.

Really hope this gets resolved soon.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

14. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

They added alot of cool effects, after that we need more performance optimization, it will get better :)
  15. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

What cool effects did they add that would affect mean performance? All I remember seeing is nuke and commander explosions.
  16. Nuisible

Nuisible New Member

I must report my 3 subcomm in galactic wars are inactive. GW started on the previous stable update.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

And when the clock hit 1PM, the in-game clock switched back to PM. I think we have a case of a broken clock being wrong twice a day.
    Remy561, Raevn and stuart98 like this.
  19. andy06r

andy06r New Member

I had a galactic war game freeze and send me back to the galaxy screen without so much as a message. I was able to replay the mission, as if I had exited the match.

Definitely lots of mini freezes on every single match I had.
  20. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Possibly. I have been in bug fix mode, so the AI hasn't gotten as much attention lately. However, watching some of the recent playtests, I still think tanks are the better choice over Dox. Love grenadiers. Dox, not so much. I think Dox might be good en masse when your opponent doesn't see it coming.

Maybe I am wrong. There are enough tournaments lately that could easily prove me wrong, and it would be a quick change to get the AI using them again.
    Quitch and wondible like this.