Easy there cowboy...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by andy06r, July 26, 2014.

1. andy06r

andy06r New Member

Just had a commander vs. Commander shootout on a sand/water world.

Their commander was building along a ridge and his graphic was "floating". My commander proceeded to fire torpedos. AA missiles, and his gun!

Might want to fix that...
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

hahahaha

That must have been quite the sight.

Do you have a match ID for that? I'd love to watch it.
  3. andy06r

andy06r New Member

It was in galactic war and I actually lost the shootout, I don't have a record. The AI, being a computer, rallied every factory my commander. The human, awestruck, forgot to play in favor of watching torpedos disappear into the sand and AA missiles being very confused and making over 90 degree turns.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I was going to say, I doubt they were all hitting. At the same time, the Uber Cannon is over-friendly to the AI usage and very unfriendly to Human UI function.

The AI can always hit ubercannons and weapons, it is like they actually control the barrel itself to make trajectories that make successful collision, including the trajectory of Uberannon.

I always try, but no matter where I aim the ubercannon, it lands inconsistently on the enemy. It hits behind, in front of, or to the side and just past, the enemy commander. It is often the difference between half the damage during a combox. The AI survives the gunfight AND the explosion afterwards because of the difference in damage because half my ubercannons didn't impact where I specifically clicked and missed the enemy, and all of theirs connected with my actual chasis.

I wish the AI fired the ubercannon for players :(

(ALSO: No need to fix, if in water it appropriately buffs commander for naval balance being stronger, on land none of the other weapons hit anyway because AA_Seeking does 0 damage to unit/structure type Land, and torpedoes don't go on land or hit if target isn't contacting water surface.
    Engineer1234 likes this.
  5. andy06r

andy06r New Member

You may be right , but I thought that the AI was losing HP faster than me - there was a segment that due to the hill being an obstacles. The middle was the only thing hitting him.

The AI was no where near water - he just made the mistake of dangling his left foot over a hill crest and then my commander started firing EVERYTHING.
  6. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Agree on the autofire ubercannon thing, unit AI is also able to correctly lead moving targets if I'm not mistaken.