PTE Strem: 69370

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 23, 2014.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Also, things with "wreckage_health_frac":0.0 are making wreckages, it seems. (My Boom bots that actually work are making wreckages ;P)
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Overall the OSX client is pretty solid and looks good... it's the quit and launcher errors that make it look less polished.

I've left multi-planet games running with very high unit counts, planet wide area patrols including absurd AIs going nuke crazy and everything scales much smoother over time.

Hopefully there will be more OSX performance improvements over time...

and assist fixes before promoting to stable.
  3. wafletofles

wafletofles Member

Man I hate it. I want to experience the awesome D:
    optimi likes this.
  4. twinking92

twinking92 New Member

Hi,
    I can't see the metal and energy consumption of my Commander anymore. When i hover over the Commander while he's building something I only see the normal Commander tab an what he's building. It's still working on factorys and engineers.
    BTW. I would like to make a Screenshot, but I did not find out how it works. Is there a screenshot folder or do i have to copy/ paste it?
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Absolutely certain you have no client or server mods? Run the game with --no-mods?
  6. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Same here. I can't see the energy and metal consumption when my commander is building something.

Is this a known bug?
  7. garat

Screenshots please. It's hard to diagnose what you're seeing just from text. Also, any mods?
  8. kjotak109

I will get screenshots as soon as I turn on the game.

As for the mods, I have never used mods of any type.
  9. wafletofles

wafletofles Member

Garat, any news on the AMD Nuke effect glitch? It seems that the smoke effect around the explosion is not working.
    optimi likes this.
  10. garat

As I've said in other threads, we know what the problem is, just not why it's happening. It is AMD specific, and appears to be pretty much all ATI cards - something about how they process the shader. It'll be fixed when we fix it. We're working on it.
  11. twinking92

twinking92 New Member

12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Hm missing this one in latest PTEs, but might be there was comments on it somebody can link.
    Is custom formations dead for now or just removed from UI?

And yeah just like in previous PTE bots ignore walls completely. :(

PS: Found new interesting glitch on Windows (not sure if work same way for Linux build).
    If both PiP and performance monitor activated then performance monitor info displayed on PiP screen.
    Last edited: July 23, 2014
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Removed from UI. You can still call model.allowCustomFormations(true) from the debugger.
    SXX likes this.
  14. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Seems to be performance issues with earth like planets, massiv fps drop when lots of trees on screen.
  15. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

Oh, okay then, makes sense now. :p
    Remy561 likes this.
  16. kjotak109

And here is mine.

Commander no consumption glitch.jpg

Also, sometimes the commander's main weapon has no sound whatsoever.
  17. tollman

tollman Member

This may already be known but:

-Units become un-selectable for a time and at one point the commander was building a power plant but he was standing some distance from it looking the other way so it looked like it was being done by an invisible unit. I am hoping this is because I am in Europe and the PTE server is in the US and perhaps underpowered? I saw a 8 player game with Scathis in so maybe he was hogging the server :)

-AI commander wandered into range of one of my anchors and happily started building away ignoring its slow loss of life until it was killed. This was on an expansion planet.

I hope the kind of victory condition like "win when last construction unit or building is destroyed" makes version 1.0. The AI often die from the kind of thing above and can rob the player of some epic battles.

EDIT: I should say that I played with 7 AI on two planets and didn't notice any sim slowdown so that is fantastic, great job!
    Also, when I quit the PTE it always crashes, but as I am quiting anyway it doesn't bother me.
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Other problem noticed: in system editor performance monitor is under UI. :(
  19. garat

Wow, what is your max resolution your computer can handle? That looks.. below our minimum resolution. o.0
  20. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

@garat if you have the Pip open and you hit ctrl-p the stats go in the pip not on the main screen, Even if you click on the main screen to give it context etc.