Statera Tournament #1

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, July 17, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Announcing the first modded tournament!

Time: 19:00 UTC
    Date: August 16th 2014
    View time in your local timezone.

Sign Up Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gzBvffR5VFAsNqGeZogUzoocQjdCyi2pQDDbSV-s1gs/viewform
    Challonge: http://challonge.com/stateraone

Format: Double Elimination 1v1

Download PAMM
    Download the latest version of Statera

Special Note to players :
    If you want to see strategic icons for new units or you want to use hotbuild2 with statera you’ll have to enable an extra ui mod.
    Non hotbuild2 users:
    Statera Strategic Icons
    hotbuild2 users:
    Statera Galactic War (this contains the Icons as well)
    Remember to turn of these UI mods when playing vanilla or other server mods !

This is a 32 player double elimination tournament running the Statera server mod. The version of Statera to be used will be posted on or before August 2nd, barring patches breaking everything. Preferably no versions of Statera will be released between August 2nd and August 16th. PAStats will be used to verify that all games are running the correct version of Statera.

Rules:

1. Be respectful to players, casters, and the audience. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
    2. Use Statera 0.8.2. Failure to do so will result in rehosts for the 1st offense and disqualification for the second.
    3. Use the correct tournament planet for each round. Failure to do so will result in rehosts for the 1st offense and disqualification for the second.
    4. Rehosts may by called by any player or caster before the 3 minute mark. One rehost is allowed per round.
    5. The following color combinations are banned: Green and black. Blue and Purple. Brown and Black. Green and Brown. Magenta and Red.

Planets:
    Winners Round 1/2 (Basically if it's someone's first game): Dust of Doom
    Winners Round 3/Losers Round 1: A Moon
    Winners Round 4/Losers Round 2: Seas of Destruction
    Losers Round 3: Com Boxing
    Losers Round 4: Fires of Reckoning
    Losers Final Game 1: Fires of Reckoning + Doomed Rock
    The moon smashes into the lava at about 20 minutes in. No stalemates here!

Final Game 1: Dust of Doom + Seas of Destruction + Doomed Rock
    Dust of Doom and Seas of Destruction annihilate each other at about 30 minutes in. Run to the moon if you don't kill your opponent by now!

If you object to any of these planets, please comment saying this.

Procedures:
    All participants must be in the teamspeak.paceleague.com teamspeak at or before 18:40 UTC on August 16th. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
    All rounds except for the loser's final and the final will be Bo1. The loser's final and the final will be Bo3.
    All round one/two winners bracket games will be played first, followed by the losers bracket games and then alternating. Ideally all games should be casted.
    A five minute break will follow each round, during which time it will be decided who will cast which games.
    All games will be hosted by an organizer or caster.
    The correct version of Statera is 0.8.2. The mod name should say this. If it doesn't, then some derpery is occurring and the lobby will have to be rehosted.
    Lobbies will be hosted with the competitive tag and a match name of your game name (e.g. Round 1 Game 1's match will have the name of A, round 1 game 2's match B, etc.)
    I will P.M. the victor shortly after the tournament's conclusion regarding what name they would like to plaster onto which unit.

Prize: The winner will get to rename any unit in Statera.

Casters: We are recruiting casters for the tournament! If you are interested, please P.M. me or post below.

Current casters:
    @brianpurkiss
    @oathalliance
    @g0hstreaper

Organizers: We are recruiting organizers for the tournament! If you are interested, please P.M. me or post below.

Current organizers:
    @stuart98
    @knutsin
    @maldor96

I hope all of you are as excited for this tourney as I am!

If you all would please spend the next few weeks finding balance issues in Statera so that this tournament can be made as awesome as possible, we would appreciate that greatly!
    Last edited: August 15, 2014
    elodea, squishypon3 and brianpurkiss like this.
  2. tohron

tohron Active Member

For a bit, I thought your description said July 16, and was thinking, "that seems like awfully short notice...".

Sounds like it'll be interesting though - might try Statera out myself sometime.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'm still up for casting!
  4. stuart98

Added Brian to the OP.
  5. Knutsin

Knutsin New Member

If I can help by getting matches going, watching some games, and getting W/L updates from the participants sign me up as an organizer.
  6. stuart98

Glad to have you on board knutsin! I'll get a PM going in a moment.
  7. stuart98

Bump of awesome.
  8. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Second bump of awesome...
    I'll be happy to help out where ever you need it :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I'll throw my hat into the "Caster" circle.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Where can we find info. on the Stratera mod?

Edit: Oopps....noticed my typo....please ignore my question as it's clearly in PAMM.
  11. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

Alright I signed up. May I ask why it's on a random Tuesday?
  12. stuart98

August 16th is a Saturday. :\
  13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

14. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

Apparently I can't read calendars.
    Maldor96 and stuart98 like this.
  15. stuart98

16. stuart98

17. stuart98

Bump.

We are currently working on a build bar icon enhancement. If it is not completed by the 2nd I will release it as an update after that date, possibly with new models, but I repeat that no balance changes will be made after the second except in the case of severe imbaness (ie spam nothing but this if you want to win).
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi, I might be able to play in this (I'd like to), are you going to keep sign-up open up to the day or will you close it?

Also I don't think I've seen a Statera game actually being hosted by anyone :( We should arrange some training sessions on here! I've got the mod installed so that's a start :)

Edit: Also another (probably stupid) question... does the AI work with Statera?
  19. stuart98

I'm going to work on an AI update "soon". It works right now, but it's rather broken. Only new unit that it builds is the Stomper.

If you want to arrange public or private training sessions, that's great! In fact, PM me and we can work out a specific time for some.

On a somewhat tourney related note: Strategic icons with server mods are broken. In order to get strategic icons for new units, you need to download the "statera icons" client side mod.
  20. stuart98

The balance that we have now is almost what we'll have for the tourney. I want to get battleships with machine guns in and then I need to rebalance combat fabbers.