Able Commander - officially postponed

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, July 15, 2014.

1. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Backers,

Today, with your feedback, we have decided to remove the current Able commander and revisit it in the future with a new look. Although we at Uber think that each of these is actually a unique commander you guys have clearly told us you feel differently. Since we highly value your feedback we sincerely apologize for upsetting you, we truly didn't think this was something that would upset any of our backers.

When we were asked to support AbleGamers we made a cash donation upfront as well as promising the proceeds from a commander. Although it will take some time for us to revisit the commander we will continue to support AbleGamers as well as several other charities.

The Uber Team
    stuart98, ace63, Bgrmystr2 and 24 others like this.
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I certainly hope that even though this is postponed, Ablegamers will still receive donations. I for one will send them a second donation.
  3. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

I got the progenitor personally and was looking forward to the Able commander so I could own both =)
    Seriously how can I get that skin for the Prog?

At the very least you are showing that the backers and communities opinions continue to matter.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

tatsujb likes this.
  5. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Well, I did not hear about this causing trouble, I am actually a little bit disappointed that it did, I am an Alpha backer and I would love to see the Commander being used for a good cause... :(
  6. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

We as a community could do a tournament with all donations going to Ablegamers. This community is an amazing one and since we cannot help them with the commander right now let's help them with something we love even more. Smashing planets.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

We would love to donate to able gamers as a community. Perhaps, as gandalf suggested, we could host a tourney?
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Get on the teamspeak right now.
    you too.
    Methlodis likes this.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

As one of those unhappy kickstarter backers. I'd like to thank you for a swift and professional response to our concerns.

As I stated before, I believe the reason and intention behind the able commander was good, and I'm glad your planning on continuing your support in the future.

The fact you have listened and taken the bold step of reversing this decision has really restored my faith in you as a company, and I think is above and beyond what many other firms would have done.

Regards, Robert.
    ace63, Bouncer2000, paulusss and 10 others like this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

What I'm now wondering... What happens to all that bought the commander already in PTE? o.o
  11. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

It's good to see Uber listen to the community, even when you are put in a crappy situation.
    This is what makes you guys great.
    (Personally I don't even have a Progenitor, so I'm just glad this whole thing seems to be getting resolved in a gentlemanly manner.)

I'm glad AbleGamers will still be receiving support.
    lokiCML and cdrkf like this.
  12. squishypon3

Do you guys at Uber have any vague idea of when you may have enough time to work on a Commander for them? (Including separate skins for non exclusive commanders, a separate model entirely, etc..)
    cmdandy likes this.
  13. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Really awesome of you guys to give to AbleGamers as well. Great stuff, and sorry that we upset you.
    ace63, Remy561, cmdandy and 9 others like this.
  14. squishypon3

I'm sure everyone will forgive you, you guys are awesome, and I for one completely understand at the mistake. (Even if I was one of the guys who didn't mind it much in the first place)

You wanted to help a great cause, you thought it'd be okay... It sadly wasn't, to many of the people that'd normally follow you guys to the end. A big thanks to Uber for taking this step, even though I'm sure it was a hard one, it is for me at least.. Knowing the charity will need to wait until the future commander is done.

It's also great that you guys, and the community, are donating to the charity right now, even without a commander.

Thanks so all! :D
  15. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Kudos to UberEntertainment for dealing with us when we are being assholes or when we have concerns. I really appreciate that they listen to the community and figure out solutions for the problems. +1
    websterx01 and cdrkf like this.
  16. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

56465.gif
    It didn't end the way I thought it would. But it ended, and for this, I am ecstatic.
    janusbifrons likes this.
  17. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I still don't see what the problem was. But meh. I don't mind this either way. ESPECIALLY if the donations happen either way as well.

I get the wierd feeling models don't cooperate with Uber any more than they do modders *shrugs* lol.
  18. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

A tournament will be held and will be posted in 4 hours or less with full details
    squishypon3 and cwarner7264 like this.
  19. squishypon3

How exactly is it for the charity, will there be an admission fee or something?
  20. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

If you are going to do a different model for the Able Commander, may I suggest another quad model? We don't have nearly enough of those. Maybe even a special 6 or 8 legged commander?
    DalekDan, dala1984 and brianpurkiss like this.