Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Just got home today! Sorry I didn't give more notice but it was fairly sudden. I've got a mountain of reading up to do on the changes since I left (galactic war and server mods, yay! :) ), and I'll be back onto PAMM updates ASAP.
    LavaSnake, wondible and proeleert like this.
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Well you were missed and it's great to have you back. BTW, sometime we need to decide if we want to "officially" switch development and focus over to the Atom Shell PAMM or what. It's a little odd having 3 PAMMs right now.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm currently discussing that with @Mereth. I think Atom Shell is the way to go, it has a lot of advantages and HTA is very limiting. I'd like to streamline the context switching though, and start integrating some of the changes I was working on into that stream. It'll take a bit longer to get the changes out, but the advantages of Atom Shell make it worth it I think.
    Quitch, proeleert, lokiCML and 2 others like this.
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That makes sense. Atom shell definitely seems better and plus it's cross platform which should be nice.
  5. dantheman53600

dantheman53600 New Member

When ever I try to install a mod I get a script error
    Line: 1
    Char: 35
    Error: Unspecified error
    Code: 0
    URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Planetary%20Annihilation/PAMM.hta

What should I do?
  6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Usually this means the mod you are trying to install has bad formatting in its configuration file. Is it for any mod? or just one mod?
  7. dantheman53600

dantheman53600 New Member

Its for anything I try to install even if I try to update a mod. It used to work and now I cant do anything with the manager
  8. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Hmm Weird
    [​IMG]
    I summon the master of PAMM @raevn
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

cptconundrum, wondible and Quitch like this.
  10. mfuia

mfuia New Member

I'm using windows 8 and when I try to run the thing it gives me this error message:"This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC,check with the sioftwere publisher."
  11. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

12. ngdragon

ngdragon New Member

Hello,

When i try to install a mod (by clicking on install next to forum) it doesn't give me any response.
    When i go to check my installed mods tab the mod isn't there.
    If anyone could help that would be great.
  13. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Please try the new PAMM : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/59992/
  14. rayzzll

rayzzll New Member

don't download

it has suspicious.cloud.9 virus

Suspicious.Cloud is a destructive Trojan, which will attempt to compromise your system and will make your life a living hell! This malicious application’s creators are not interested in your system’s security or personal privacy, and will implement every tool to reveal your confidential data. So, unless you remove Suspicious.Cloud, this cunning Trojan will make sure to compromise your computer’s functionality, gradually turning it into a useless box, and will gravely endanger your personal space.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This is a false-positive from your antivirus, probably because PAMM allows you to download mods, and it sees this as potentially malicious (which it isn't).
    I'm not sure what anti-virus you are running, but that description doesn't seem legit. Especially the part about endangering personal space :p
    suspicious.cloud.9 is the name for a hueristic-based threat detection - this is where it detects something as a threat based on a "guess", rather than because the file/program in question is actually determined to be a virus or trojan.
    See http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2013-082711-5410-99
    Quitch likes this.
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I don't know where you got that description from, but if it's from your AV then I'd be more worried about what the supposed "AV" is doing.

Download and run this: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Do a quick scan.

Remove the infected items.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. Skaebo

Skaebo New Member

So what do I do if I don't have a "pa.exe" to point PAMM to? I've looked EVERYWHERE, automatically AND manually (tedious). I don't have Steam, and I think this is why I don't have a pa.exe, only PALAuncher crap. I see that whenever someone actually talks about where the pa.exe is located in their file directory structure, they mention that it is located in Steam directory. I don't want steam, if I don't have to get it. Am I just missing something, or do I need to download Steam, or transfer to Steam... or what?
  18. teddythebear

teddythebear Member

If you enable the command line column in the processes tab in windows task manager (view>select columns...) you can see the directory path plus any extra arguments the program is being launched with.
    Skaebo likes this.
  19. Skaebo

Skaebo New Member

Unfortunately, I have Windows 8.1, and I'm not seeing what you are talking about in my Task Manager, unless I'm just ignorant...
  20. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Please try the new PAMM : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/59992/
    Skaebo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.