Can you see why he is saying this?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Trisdino, June 29, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Hello, welcome. We call this planet "Earth". We call ourselves "Humans". There are two different types of us: "Male" and "Female".
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

CounterFact and cwarner7264 like this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I know, but unfortunately, those customers had better watch a gameplay video and a list of notes on the game's current state.

I strictly say that everywhere.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Are you saying I'm not male? I'm conflicted in how I feel about this revelation...
  5. Geers

I have literally no idea how you came to that conclusion. You've utterly baffled me.
  6. squishypon3

Sorry, I thought the joke was that women would read the fine print, whilst men wouldn't. :p
  7. Geers

I have literally no idea how you came to that conclusion. You've utterly baffled me.
  8. squishypon3

Nevermind it, I thought it was a joke, without sounding like a joke. I just... let's forget it, I'm obviously insane.
  9. Geers

I have literally no idea how- NO! BAD GEERS BAD!
  10. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Errr.. Early access doesn't imply "unfinished bugged game that may or may not be finished one day". At all.

I'm not taking people for retard, on the contrary.

For most people, "early access" means this :
    http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

For someone not familiar with steam, that's what early access means. That's what it means for ANY OTHER THING THAN STEAM AND PA : "Having the full, finished *insert your product* a little sooner".
  11. realempirix

realempirix New Member

I see his problem. Whilst I don't really mind early access, because (most of the time) the community can help shape the game and actually make a difference to the final product, for better or for worse. But really? Printing an UNFINISHED GAME onto a disk (Or code, I am assuming it is a disk as it comes in a DVD case) and shipping it out is a bit... off. I mean, at least it actually says that it is in early access, and doesn't have it in the small text on the back of the box, but still! For those saying not everybody buys games digitally on PC, I laugh at you. I would say almost ALL indie titles and other things like F2P games, Kinda AAA games like Payday 2 and all this other stuff do not have physical copies. PC is the pioneer of the digital market, and saying otherwise is absolute crap. Surely no-one is chomping at the bit enough to want a Physical Copy before release, because I would argue anyone currently who would want that probably already owns the game. By putting it on a physical disk and selling it at full retail price, like games like Wolfenstein, Sniper Elite III etc. which are all FINISHED, they are being in my eyes just straight up... well, Greedy, for lack of a better word. Just my take on it though.
  12. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Also PA requires a internet connection. And bandwidth. A lot. In ~20 games, you probably downloaded the same amount of data than the full game.
  13. ccfreak2k

ccfreak2k New Member

You should see how the PlanetSide 2 community reacts with each patch.
  14. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Implying that 'early access' means a few days earlier access to a finished game trying to prove it by citating EA - oh the irony.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm probably going to regret this, but here's a much better one you can use:

Source
    igncom1 likes this.
  16. CounterFact

CounterFact Active Member

Lol, I didn't even know they did that.

It isn't hard to read this and realise that the early access edition will be different from the final release. It however does imply the game will be finished at some point.
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Which I'm confident it will be, at least it will have an official 1.0 release. I don't think that necessarily will constitute 'finished' just a major milestone (Uber have confirmed they're going to carry on with development post 1.0). I mean TA and Sup Com / FA have both evolved for quite some time after release as well so 1.0 is definitely not the end!