THINGS THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Lostjaime, June 30, 2014.

1. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

We found a way to nerf Brad, scathis pull the trigger, down with the capslock.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Tunnels would be very interesting, but that would be difficult to implement
    multi-unit transports are a need
    everything else....no, just no...
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Tunnels could work like a 2-way version of the nydus worm from starcraft
  4. japporo

japporo Active Member

Production redirection, à la the old turn based strategy game, Warlords II, would remove some of the micro, I think.

Rules:
    • Any factory may redirect units that it builds to another factory of the same type.
    • Construction takes place at the normal rate and the unit enters transit after construction.
    • Units take time to travel between the factories equal to the time they would take moving between the two factories using their normal movement speed but are outside the game space (i.e. invisible, invulnerable, and uncontrollable).
    • Units arriving at the target factory take on the orders assigned to the target factory as if they were produced there.
    • The target factory outputs any units that have arrived before starting construction of another new unit in its build queue.
    • If the redirection is stopped or the source factory is destroyed or captured, all units that were already in transit will still exist and arrive normally at the target factory.
    • If the target factory is destroyed or captured, units in flight start re-appearing at the source factory at a fixed interval.
    • If both the source and target factories are destroyed/captured, all units in flight are lost.
    • If a teleporter exists between two celestial bodies, redirection will work between factories on each of those celestial bodies.
      • Optional design simplification: Redirection is not transitive across multiple teleporters
      • Optional design simplification: If the teleporter is destroyed or captured, the redirection is broken but units in flight will continue arriving "by magic".
    Last edited: July 1, 2014
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

So... A teleporter? :p
  6. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

no a teleporter has to be built by a fab or a commander and be used to move between planets and the enemy cannot use your teleporter this is a tunneling structure that's usage is similar to a nuke, as in you build the tunneling drone at a tunnel station which stays there till you launch it, when the tunneling drone is launched it creates a tunnel between the tunnel station and the targeted area that can be used by both you and your enemy's
  7. foxdemon2

foxdemon2 New Member

You know what's important in a game like this: a better UI like in supcom. It would be handy if you would
    have a UI like that and most important: more numbers! It's important to know in game how much hp
    something has (not just a bar, but also the real amount). I know you should get a feeling for that, but still.
    PA still misses some major UI features and shift-click UI features, that are in supcom f.e.

I really hope that this will be added in the future, because the game would be way more playable, without the need of 1000 clicks per second.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Pa has a very good build bar at least, Supcom's was yuck. :p
  9. foxdemon2

foxdemon2 New Member

not really, i dont know if you played supcom FA (dont know if this is different), but i find FA's UI bar and stats (stats are most important) a thousand times more useful. especially the shift-click capabilities and the idle engineer tab. The only better part about PA's UI are the patrol and area-build options.

BTW what just came into my mind is that the unit-icons of PA arent very good either. There isnt a good overview with these icons. T1 fighters look like T1 bombers and so on.
  10. squishypon3

I'm talking about the build bar, not the rest of the ui. I really didn't like FA's, it felt like a mess to me.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

It might have looked like butt but it certainly didn't handle like butt.

it was the most feature complete UI.

name one thing it couldn't do.

(what was your issue with it? maybe I can at least see what could be better)
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Deliver newspapers.
  13. tatsujb

>:|
    wow i hadn't thought of that one.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Checkmate son.
  15. squishypon3

It was where all the units were. You see how with planetary annihilation you can have multiple build bars? Well if supcom did something similar it'd be great, but instead there's tabs to go to the other techs and often units/buildings get cut off so you need to move it to the right to see them. I didn't like that. :p
  16. tatsujb

oh. space. yeah that is always an issue.

well after awhile the order bar is literally of no use if you know the key-bindings. so it could be eliminated.

As for the tabs you use them most often when you want to build experimentals. for templates I use the keybind once again.
    the only other time I ever use the tabs is when I reeeally want to build something of a lower tech using something of a higher tech or when I want to set mass points to upgrade twice.

it really something you don't click on very often considering the right one is always the one selected by default. but yea I guess it could have been unified.

what i liked is that even with a much smaller bar than PA's they fit the build queue AND the unit list. Whereas PA only has one. And they're going to have to fix that someday because the shortcomings of only having the unit list is really weighing PA down. And it's only going to get worse as PA gets more competitive and adds more units.
    Last edited: July 2, 2014
  17. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

WORST IDEA EVER!