THINGS THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Lostjaime, June 30, 2014.

1. Lostjaime

Lostjaime New Member

-excavators
    -camouflage
    -termal kinetic hydraulic energy
    -Hacking
    -multitransport spaceships

Thanks for making this awesome game :D
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Why?
    Stealth maybe
    So... a dam?
    So...capturing?
    Maybe
  3. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

1: Why?
    2: I vote no. That's a micro intensive mechanic.
    3: So... another form of energy? That's a debated topic. I vote no.
    4: Capturing? There's an icon for that in the game, so it may end up being included. Capturing isn't really a big deal when everyone shares the same tech.
    5: Confirmed no for 1.0 release because they are expensive to build. It'll be added eventually.

If you're going to make suggestions, you should add why you think they should be added and how they would operate. Otherwise, I guarantee it's already been suggested and discussed.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Excavators.....so tunnels....fights inside planets.....I want.
    Camouflage really isn't what the game is about but maybe something that can hide from radar maybe
    Different energy types are already being discussed and I feel they should be implemented
    Hacking, I'm guessing that means capturing? If so, yes!
    Multi-transport is already possible through some modding but requires sorta hacking the system so its up to uber to allow it, but yeah that'd be cool.
  6. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Tunnel warfare would be cool, but it might require a very large change in how planets are viewed in the engine, and would certainly cause major pathfinding issues.

Stealth is apparently a maybe from Uber. I'd like it, personally, but others' mileage varies.

There's a thread in General about different energy types. I'm in favor, but they have to be different enough to be worth it.

If hacking means capturing, SupCom style, sure. Anything more in-depth would likely be too much micro for a macro-focused game like PA.

Multi-transport units will be amazing, but sadly Uber has confirmed that they won't be in the 1.0 release. I and many others hope modding will change this.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Multi-unit transports are possible, but area load won't make them pick up, say, 10 units, but rather one unit, so you need to order 10 sequential area load commands.
  8. Geers

I'd be amazed if they added multi-unit transports without changing that.
  9. stuart98

Statera already has one in the T2 air factory, the Osprey, which can carry 10 units or two coms, or a combination of the two.
  10. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

What about the caps lock key? We were thinking about disabling that.

:p
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I said before, that if you highlight the units and use the blue 4 pointed "use" command onto the transport, they will all load won't they?

I would like to make the vanguard load 8 units, but the 2 commanders thing would be extreme for a vanguard, I think 1 would be extreme.

Maybe we can compromise on the transport sizes of the units to get the vanguard and osprey viable and unique.
  12. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

Stealth doesn't have to be a micro intensive mechanic. If we are talking about radar stealth, like B2 bomber style, this is a passive aspect of physical design and does not require energy. It can be "always on" for the stealth units. No further micro is needed. They would simply not be revealed by enemy radar, but they would still be a very valuable asset on the battlefield.
  13. stuart98

Not actually sure.
  14. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

DONT YOU DARE, JOHN.
    nateious, tatsujb, proeleert and 7 others like this.
  15. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The micro with stealth mechanics isn't in the management of stealth units, but the defending against and countering stealth units.

This micro is more apparent with cloaked units, but is still there with stealth units.

You have to be paying attention to all sides of every planet to see whether you're being attacked by stealth units.

I don't know if stealth is worth the extra micro. At the very least, there would need to be extra units/buildings that increase the direct line of sight to counter this new mechanic.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  16. Geers

Smack 'im with the banhammer!
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  17. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

BANNED.
  18. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

As long as the stealth unit's weapon range is shorter than the average direct LoS they shouldn't be that big a problem once they actually attack. The value would be in moving into enemy radar space without getting shelled or intercepted until you're up close.

That said, I do believe there's plenty of room for new Line Of Sight units. Scout units in general would receive a massive boost in value even in the late game and there are plenty of opportunities for limited field of view, long sight range towers.
  19. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

A room isn't good enough for these folks - get a planet :p
    PeggleFrank and ArchieBuld like this.
  20. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Well the RCBM mod has a observation post that gives vision rather than radar, so maybe something along those lines to counter stealth units? Seems like a lot of extra work for something kind of small and not very special.
    PeggleFrank likes this.