Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Type in the "Name Filter" box and having the mod list filtered. Even pressing return doesn't appear to do anything. I use this every time, so it had to be one of the most recent updates.
    Mereth likes this.
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

You're right. I tested it on the "available" tab and it was working fine, forgot it was also implemented on the installed tabs ... going to fix that.
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Fixed. Thanks again for your precious reports :)
    wondible likes this.
  4. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I got a small issue with latest update, from 0.8.5 to 0.9.2.
    After the restart, PAMM was stuck (cursor spinning), with empty screen except bottom buttons / radio and header.
    Tried to launch it manually several times, with same result.

Had to manually use the backup app folder (copy/rename to app) to re-trigger a new update which went fine.
    Was not able to reproduce, don't think it's worth investigating, just posted to let anyone else that may encounter the same issue know what to do ;)
  5. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I had something similar. Toggling to PTE then stable caused the client and available mods load as normal.
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Hmm since last update it doesn't go to the preferred tab from the settings. Always opens on about.
    When switching tabs I need to click manually refresh to see contents ...
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I'm off until torromow evening (gmt+2), sorry guys :/
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I have disabled the faulty "uninstall Legacy PAMM" feature :( Some inconsistent behavior with the "windows" module, who knew !
  9. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Do you still encounter some weird loading issues ?
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

No, all fixed I think (only tried a few times today).
  11. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I have re enabled the "Uninstall Legacy PAMM" feature using a more reliable module. It should be fine this time.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Bump to RELease !
    cptconundrum and wondible like this.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Doesn't that mean a new thread in the release forum these days?
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Don't know, I think I'm the first WIP going REL since the split. I guess it's up to moderators to say what we should do : do they can & want to move the threads or should we just create a new one with a link to the old one ?
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'll move this thread :)

Edit: And stickied.
  16. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Thanks !

I have also created 2 issues on github related to the UI enhancement requested in this thread : stick search otpions on top & the --nomods stuff.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  17. SugokuPuddi

SugokuPuddi New Member

A friend recommended Mods, for example Hotbuild 2 and Auto Factory - I sure wanted to try that as he said it makes the game a bit more comfortable. So I downloaded PAMM and followed the steps he provided. Now, I can start the game just fine even through PAMM, but the Mods just won't load.

I checked that they are enabled and I have the prereqs for the Mods downloaded. But they just won't load.

We thought this might be a problem with Steam or something, as he doesn't use Steam to play/start the game, so I downloaded the PA Launcher from UEs website and installed PA with the Launcher. No success. Still no single Mod I install with PAMM does load.

I am pretty depressed as I already did a new install of Windows and it still doesn't work. I choose a username with non-special characters (only abcd... etc), I installed the Mod Manager and the Game inside D:\Planetary Annihilation\ so that I won't need UAC rights to let the program write/read.

I have up to date drivers, I disabled my AV (BitDefender) and downloaded every necessary program (like Microsoft Framework, Java, Flash etc...)

The game just won't load any mods at all... I really don't know what to do anymore - the game runs fine, but for gods sake I can't get the mods to work.

Is there anyway to install them manually? Anyone else encountered the same problem and knows a solution?

Also, it installs build 67523 for me, maybe that's why it breaks the mods?
  18. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Could you tell us what version of Windows you are using ?
    Could you join in this topic your last PA log found in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log ?
  19. SugokuPuddi

SugokuPuddi New Member

Sure!

Currently I'm using Windows 8.1 with latest patches installed and pretty clean install too. Also an i5 2500k 4.5 GHz, AMD HD7950 and everything is installed on a SSD.

Latest drivers, all Microsoft Frameworks, C++ Distributions and other software installed. Same results with Steam and non-Steam versions.

Attached Files:

20. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

So far, so good, mods are properly loaded & mounted.
    Code:
    12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : server_browser_show_cheat_servers
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : dTimer
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : hotbuild2
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : pa_stats_online
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : rBlueprintInfoFramework
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : rFloatFrame
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : rPAMM
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : rSettingsManager
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Loading mod : tAutoFactory
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rBlueprintInfoFramework\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rSettingsManager\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rFloatFrame\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\dTimer\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\hotbuild2\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\pa_stats_online\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rPAMM\ as /
    [12:49:45.000] INFO Mounting C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\tAutoFactory\ as /
    Next step, could you please give me the content of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rPAMM\ui\mods\ui_mod_list.js ?