Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Ok, I got it ... it's a PAStat issue from my pov, but I will restore the old behavior and talk about that with cola_colin later. Patching this right away, should not take more than a few minutes.
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Fixed ! Sorry. I'll send a message to Cola Colin after my ice cream & movie :)
    wondible likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't see how this really can be a PA Stats issue. PA Stats assumes people have the default ui_mod_list that has been around since the ui modding stuff was enabled, because anybody should have that file.

Though I guess for stability sake I can make it add the array in case it is not there in case people have weird setups :pü
    cptconundrum and reptarking like this.
  5. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It just a format sample in the readme.txt, not really a default ui_mod_list, Uber didn't even bother to add all the scenes added since then. The original PAMM added 5 scenes in this list before switching to the the generic scenes property to stop having to maintain this list. This is why you can see an empty 'armory' scene but not an 'uberbar' in the ui_mod_list generated by the orignal PAMM.

Anyway, thanks for adding the fail safe in PA Stats when you will have time for it. ;)
  6. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Just to let you know, I can now build a Windows installer with a "per user with limited rights" scope (see dedicated branch in the repo if you are curious), but no ETA for its download availability.
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

New version available, what's new ? Nothing and a lot at the same time : the project has been transferred to the pamods organisation on GitHub. I had to make a fake udpate to redirect the auto updater to the new repository location.
    Fr33Lancer and wondible like this.
  8. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

This looks interesting.
    Would be nice to have an option directly in PAMM to not mess with you current mod selection (which is not always "all mods installed = all enabled mods")
    wondible likes this.
  9. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I was thinking about profiles and maybe playing with symlink (aka junction on windows) to do something similar. But I could probably do something more easily just by making a mods.json backup :]
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  10. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

The idea of profile (even a single one) to save / load a selection is indeed a worthy idea :cool:
  11. aevs

aevs Post Master General

When trying to install on windows (let's say my username is ABC D), I get the error:
    Code:
    The term 'C:\User\ABC D' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,
    script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path
    was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:16
    + C:\Users\ABC <<<< D\Downloads\pamm-atom-stable\pamm-atom-stable\install.ps1
        + CatergoryInfo         : ObjectNotFound: <C\Users\ABC:String> [], Com
      mandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
    It looks like my user directory name having a space in it is causing a problem.
  12. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

If you would like to rename that. You could follow this TechNet article. Does involve you rebooting into safe mode.;)
  13. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

This issue with the command line installer as been fixed, thanks for your report.

I also released a minor update, to give an error feedback when a mod installation fail. Had lost that during my code refactoring.
    aevs likes this.
  14. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

There are still some differences between your version an the original PAMM.
    Like your version don't always find new manual installed ui mods.
    And it has a bad habit of reenabling disabled mods sometimes.

I'll try to make reproducable steps ...

Other then that this is a good step up from the original one.
  15. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

There is a major difference with the original PAMM regarding the enabled/disabled mods management : I don't modify the modinfo.json files with enabled: false, I only use the mods.json. So, if you use the original PAMM afterwards, it will reenable all mods. This change follow a comment from Uber in the "server mods" thread regarding the use of the enabled property, and to be consistent with stock mods management.

For manually installed mods, it's strange, because this PAMM is way more permissive (I don't care about the folder name), but maybe there is a bug.

By the way, could you please have a look at the pull request for the listgenerator ?
  16. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Hmm that makes sense gonna test some further tonight.

I've merged your pull request for listgenerator. Haven't tested it yet ... but looks good.
    Ask wondible to test mac compatibility but I don't think it will be an issue..
  17. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

New version available, I have significantly changed the way "context" is managed : there is a distinct tab for client & server mods.
    proeleert, aevs, Raevn and 1 other person like this.
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Live search isn't working for me today.
  19. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

What do you mean by "live search" ?
  20. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

New minor version available, stuff fixed :
    • the refresh button not working properly
    • updates count not being "by context"
    I have also enabled a "search & uninstall Legacy PAMM" on windows. A windows installer is also available for this PAMM : https://github.com/pamods/pamm-atom/releases/latest

If nothing bad happens until Sunday, we are going for a "REL" guys. I hope the bug reported by Wondible will be quickly addressed if I can reproduce it.
    Fr33Lancer, wondible and proeleert like this.