Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

If we do, do a tourney, could it be different from the normaly 1v1's? I think a lot of us would prefer a switch up, something like 2v2, 3v3 etc.... And yeah some clan matches would be fun, playing against randoms is just not that fun anymore so if we could get some clan matches up with some other clans, that would be great
    cdrkf and archcommander like this.
  2. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

sounds like a plan.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Cdrkf just made a thread suggesting a team tourney in the general discussion forum, if we all want to see one we should go post there and lend support.
    archcommander and cdrkf like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi Guys,

Had the following from mishtakashi (Team Burning):

I'd personally be up for that, anyone else think they can make that? They are between +8 and +12 hours ahead, so that would mean we'd either need to be on late on Friday the 27th, or early on Sat the 28th.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  5. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

But the 28th is that tournament by cwarner, which i probably won't get in, but you know, can always hope :p
  6. cdrkf

Hi Flop, well the Team Burning guys are flexible on time slot, so maybe we can do Friday night (Sat AM for them) and you can do both?
  7. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Will probably not even get in, but we can do it friday night to be on the save side
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Have faith! If that theta commander wants to work his way into your arms, he'll find a way.
    cdrkf and cmdrflop like this.
  9. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

I can always play late in the night so pick a date and time and I will most probably be there.
  10. cdrkf

11. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

I'm pretty sure me, Commissar Holt and CmdrFlop are signing up as a team.
  12. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

13. cdrkf

If we get enough teams to extend the tournament then sure (although it will require us to add an additional map, probably just another single planet map at start).

I'd need 12 or 16 total teams to make it worth extending it though. Otherwise I'll keep additional teams on as reserves (as I'm sure someone probably wont turn up).

Also I'm considering what to do if 1 member of a team is missing, perhaps let them sub with an Uber AI?
  14. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

You should probably share this information on the tournament thread too. I do not think adding an ai is a good move, he will probably just get in the way beceause you cant give them any orders as of yet. It would for example be very annoying if he took metal you wanted/needed or something like that.
  15. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Hi Promethean! I've been talking with my fellow BRN members and we are hyped for some interclan warfare this weekend if you have a few people that will be on. There has been interest from our side in trying a few game modes using a 5v5 format i.e. large single planet, spawn wars, massive orbital fest, a moon launching system etc. I thought that those might be a bit more epic than the regular 2v2 action. What are your thoughts?

We could host the teams on a teamspeak channel yours or ours doesn't matter too much - I don't have admin privileges on ours so if I can't get that by the weekend yours might be better. We can pm that stuff at the time. Could I add you on skype cdrfk? then we can chat when I see you online about ts, my skype is Mishtakashi (City: Dunedin NZ). Edit: or add me on steam :D

The time that we are thinking would suit the Australians best is GMT, 27 June 10pm (GMT), L.A. USA 27 June 3pm (PST), Adelaide AU 28 June 7.30am (ACST), Brisbane AU 28 June 8am (AEST), NZ 10am (GMT+12).
    Last edited: June 25, 2014
    archcommander and cdrkf like this.
  16. cdrkf

I'll be there tomorrow night! We should have a few more on- if we can get a 5 v 5 going that'd be great.

Details of Promethean TS server can be found here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/prometheanpa/contact

I'll add you to my Skype today.

Rob
  17. cdrkf

Ok Guys just a reminder:

If you're available, please log into the Promethean Team Speak Server, This Friday, 10pm GMT (same as UTC) for some Promethean vs Team Burning team games.

The guys from Team Burning are getting up at 7 am their time for this due to time difference, so lets get a good group of us together for some epic team games!

If you're not sure about the Team Speak details, info can be found here:

https://sites.google.com/site/prometheanpa/contact

See you on the battlefield commanders.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  18. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

And here is the video from the orbital ffa as requested by cdrfk - nice finish to some epic games I'm looking forward to the next time we can do something like this :D
    cmdrflop and cdrkf like this.
  19. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Pity I couldn't make it, looks like you had some fun games!

I was actually back in time but had *ahem* had a little too much to drink so didn't think myself able to play PA at a very high standard.
    If you'd be interested in some more clan showdowns then I'd love to play in one sometime, I love me a huge team match.
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. cdrkf

We were all hoping you'd jump in after a few beers :D Drunk gaming is the best haha....

Alas it wasn't meant to be :) We had some really good games- the Team Burning crew are pretty formidable (especially with bomb bots!) although they have a habit of double crossing each other in FFA games :p
    mishtakashi and lapsedpacifist like this.