Galactic War: Build 67523

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 14, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Oh sweet! The missile launchers on stingrays open!
    (They aren't perfectly synched with the launch of missiles though) stingray.png
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There one more change come unnoticed, not sure when it's appear first!

New command line option:
    Code:
         | --nomods                 : disable loading and mounting of mod folders

Awesome command line option, I like it already.

Now I can keep mods enabled when playing and easily disable them when need to test UI bugs! :rolleyes:
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Apparently the stingray is also very glitchy.
    Not even sure how this one happened, but it's interesting.
    glitch.png
    It seems to continuously fire after the target dies, since it doesn't have a target anymore though, they just go off into the darkness of space.
    Vernam7 and Remy561 like this.
  4. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I have difficulties updating to 67523 :
    [​IMG]
    I downloaded it twice (by deleting cache folder) to verify, but no luck.
    Where's that log file located ?
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As far as I know there is link to log somewhere in options, or you can also find it here:
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%f\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\UberLauncher\log\
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  6. Fr33Lancer

Hum, seing Coherent occurrences in the log, it seems after checking task manager that I have zombie CoherentUI_Host.exe still running.
    Guess PA didn't like to be "ALT+F4"-ed
    Still got some other (libmp3 / COherent dll), guess a reboot will do.
  7. thecrazydemoman

thecrazydemoman New Member

1. Unable to issue build queues on mac, fullscreen or window if I use the keyboard shortcuts
    2. massive lag in UI even using just mouse
    3. very low frame rates.
    Running on 2012 MBA where i used to get playable rates and no issues last build.

*update*
    Unrelated to previous posted bugs, shift key does not make a difference, and after closing the game for a long period and then opening it up again the issues persist, plus a few more. Build outline sticking and not showing when you have successfully started a "build" you just see the commander walk over and start building. Doesn't always place a building when you click from UI (still unable to use keyboard).
    Last edited: June 18, 2014
  8. n00n

n00n Active Member

Came across issue when trying to smash a large moon into little planets (couldn't select them):
    2014-06-18-160722_1920x1200_scrot.png
  9. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

the prize is usually like 50 bucks or something but still its money
  10. bigpeewee

bigpeewee New Member

This still doesn't seem to be working for me, get as far as loading the system, but no drop zones/metal spots and eventually com self-destructs. Running OSX 10.9.3
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

About drop zones and metal spots. Are you sure you don't have "Cinematic" mode enabled in UI settings?
  12. wondible

wondible Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/known-issues-os-x-osx-mac.60891/

PA#3613 Unable To Place Buildings After Using Hotkeys
    After using the builtin hotkeys to select a building, the cursor shows the outline of the desired building but clicking does nothing. Workarounds:
  13. bigpeewee

bigpeewee New Member

Good shout, yes I'm fairly sure. I've had a look through all the options menu's. The option menu and other icons (timer, friends etc.) are unavailable when the game starts. Unless you know of a 'cinematic mode' hotkey I may have pressed accidentally?
  14. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

When we're getting updates with minor fixes and such, should all of those updates always be over 250Mb?

I remember from my modding days, we only pushed new versions that size when they were assets to update, usually game files with code aren't this sizable.

But then again, my modding days were a loong time ago and I forgot a lot.
  15. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I don't know if it has been fixed yet but I couldn't click away the chatbox when I chatted to all in stead of to team as I meant to. So I had to type something, a space in my case, and send it before I could open teamchat.
  16. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I just ran into an issue where the entire UI died, may not be related, but just before it happened I was clicking through a lot of alerts.

Basically, my cursor lost the ability to interact with anything, couldn't select anything, all buttons, including the quit and settings buttons were unresponsive, hotkeys didn't work either, basically, it was a total loss of ability to interact with the game. No freeze though, the game kept running.
  17. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Probably PA#2617 Most Clicks/Keys Not Responding (Coherent UI Crash)
  18. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

So I've had this issue for a while now, but if I try to spectate a game from the multiplayer lobby (e.g. join an existing game that was not my own), after the planets load I can not see any units or structures. The player display on the upper left does not show any of the eyeball icons indicating you can see a player's units, but clicking on individual players or on the see all eye does not do anything.
    There aren't any hidden away UI settings that would prevent units and buildings from showing, are there?

Attached Files:

19. Fr33Lancer

This never worked, as far as I know.
    Pretty sure Uber knows about this, but this must be low priority (which is understandable)

Interesting to know, if you set a 2 AI game and go spectator, ALT + F4 PA, then relaunch PA and reconnect, you are able to see the protagonists.
  20. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Someone forgot to unpin this...