Team Burning Open Recruiting AU sever +

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by bradburning, October 16, 2013.

1. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Reviving the thread with a link to some team ffa antics from the weekend
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. Giibl3ts

Giibl3ts New Member

Hey guys, QLD player here. Looking to increase my skill level but mainly just play socially. Been playing on and off since alpha. Let me know if you guys are still recruiting! :D
  3. mishtakashi

Hi @Giibl3ts , we are always happy to welcome new players to the group - I'll pm you with our ts server ip and a couple other details about how we chat w each other.
  4. mishtakashi

So, I was just thinking it'd be super cool if we could do some more social tourny stuff in BRN to try and showcase to bring in some more players. However most people aren't playing a lot these days with uni and work and such.
    My suggestion is that we try get 8 players or so interested in a social tourny to showcase BRN over the mid year break for uni. A few of us have said we will have a couple of weeks free during the break so I think it'd be a great oppurntunity. We could toss up between a 1v1 or 2v2 comp depending on peoples preferences...
  5. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Mid year break... so SOON! (you can count me in once exams are out of the way).
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If we can find a time slot that works, maybe some clan v clan games would be cool..
    Quite a few of us in promethean would be up for it :)
  7. mishtakashi

I'm really looking forward to when the mid-year break is finally here!

I like the sound of that, what sort of game modes would you guys be up for, some 2v2s?
  8. cdrkf

Yeah 2v2 is always a good one for clan games, maybe a couple of bigger games as well if we can get the people together (a 5 v 5 would be pretty epic on a nice multi planet multi spawn map)...

Thinking of time zones, your Friday night (Sat morning for us) would probably work ok (I wouldn't be able to do much in the day in the week as of work- shouldn't really be on the forum now lol)...

Edit: I've just realised I've got that backwards, it would have to be us on Friday night and Sat morning for you guys... or Sat AM for us Sat PM for you might be better?
    Last edited: June 5, 2014
  9. mishtakashi

Lol I'm glad you got the edit in there I was getting super confused for a sec haha. Yea weekends will definitely be prime time for us as well I think. I like the sound of some bigger games if we have enough interest. We could start with some 2v2s and get in a couple of large multi-planet spawns to finish up or something. I've posted in our Team Burning chat so will see how we do for numbers.
    Edit: how late will you guys go on Fri night? Would a 10pm start ok? that'd mean like 6 or 7 am for our Aussie players lol so might not be a goer. I'm NZ myself so GMT+12.
    Last edited: June 5, 2014
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. cdrkf

I tend to be on quite late anyway... A couple of our guys are based in the states they're usually on when I am (10 pm - midnight GMT) so some of us should be about for sure.
  11. mishtakashi

Awesome
  12. mishtakashi

Hi cdrfk! wrt the Promethean - Team Burning interclan war I've floated the idea of sat the 28th (our timezone). We will probably have at least 3 players (no one is committing for sure this far out form the date) so I thought I'd see how your folks would be placed to play then?
  13. cdrkf

Hi, so are you thinking Sat morning your time (so Friday night for us) or Sat PM (so Sat AM for us)?

I've put the question to the rest of the Promethean guys, could be fun :)
  14. mishtakashi

Sweet still open to both tbh
  15. mishtakashi

The details as they stand for our interclan match up with Promethean this weekend:

There has been interest from our side in trying a few game modes using a 5v5 format i.e. large single planet, spawn wars, massive orbital fest, a moon launching system etc. I thought that those might be a bit more epic than the regular 2v2 action. What are your thoughts?

The time that we are thinking would suit the Australians best is GMT, 27 June 10pm (GMT), L.A. USA 27 June 3pm (PST), Adelaide AU 28 June 7.30am (ACST), Brisbane AU 28 June 8am (AEST), NZ 10am (GMT+12).
  16. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

LAME I have an exam then.
  17. mishtakashi

Lol NZ uni holiday is so coordinated right :p
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  18. mishtakashi

We've had a few more PA players joining up over the last couple of weeks so I thought I'd float the idea of an social tourney. We started these back in summer but han't really done much in this regard since then.

How many of you guys would be keen for a social single elimination tourney this sat or sun? Also Brad or Geoff, would you like to set up brackets on challonge/seed it etc? Alternatively I could try figure it out myself but may fail :p
    Last edited: July 11, 2014
  19. decyne

decyne New Member

I'm keen, haven't been playing too much but I've been trying to get some practice in. Mainly depends on the time of the tourney.
  20. mishtakashi

Awesome, we will have more dets in the skype chat so keep an eye on that, there will be a few of us playing tonight so you could jump in and get some familiarity then if you want

Edit: what times suit you? afternoon, evening, day?
    Last edited: July 11, 2014