[REL] Galactic War Loadouts

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, May 28, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

This mod adds four new loadouts to galactic war. These are available from the start, they do not need to be unlocked.

loadouts.png

This mod shadows a file to put these loadouts in, meaning it will not play nice with other loadout mods (when they exist), possibly not other types of galactic war mod either. Hopefully when conflicting mods exist, we will have a way to make them all work seamlessly together (there may be now, but I haven't figured it out).

This mod is compatible with the galactic war deck mod, but does not require it.

On pamm.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Some nice G.W. mods coming out already, good to see :D
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I guess you won't plainly spell out what they do? I.E "at a cost".
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  4. trialq

From the Ashes
    • Speed reduced
    • Damage reduced
    • Metal production reduced

Strength in Numbers
    • Speed increased
    • Cost reduced
    • Damage dealt reduced

Commando units
    • Health increased
    • Damage dealt increased
    • Cost increased
    • Speed reduced

Any plainer than that and you might as well be reading the mod code :p
  5. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

A suggestion: Master of Decks
    Commander starts with some extra deck slots (a total of 5, maybe 10), but no factory loadout at all
    Luckily, when you start a GW, there are always some initial empty system in which you can download some tech without any battle. Take this loadout, and gamble your way through
    trialq and Pendaelose like this.
  6. trialq

Updated to v1.1. Added 4 new loadouts:
    loadout2.png
    They're nerfed copies of the first 4 stock loadouts. There are no benefits, the only changes are as described in the image. These loadouts are for people who want more of a challenge.
    rayzone12 likes this.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Bot commanders are already nerfed in current build ;^) I guess this would still apply to other factories if you were lucky enough to get them.
  8. trialq

Yup, everything is nerfed across the board. Metal production at 50% means mex, advanced mex and the commander yield half the metal they normally would, and everything (including the commander) is slower and does less damage.

edit: Except bluehawks, which are new and man that's annoying :p
    Last edited: June 17, 2014
  9. trialq

Do not use this mod until it has been updated to v1.2. A breaking change has been made to a file I shadowed.
  10. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

Could you make ones that are the opposite of borked, as in they work better? :O

OR, far and away much better, make an easy UI to adjust the things how we like, or an easy tutorial!

Oh, oh, how about a commander that is super buff but can't have any sub-commanders?!
  11. trialq

Done, in v1.2.

I don't have time to make a program that can do what you want. The best way to adjust things how you like (if new to modding) is to edit one of the cards in this mod. It's javascript, and pretty much is as simple as an array of units, followed by the buff or nerf to apply.

I don't know if that's possible without modifying the sub-commander card, which would cause conflict with deck mods, and apply to every loadout. I'm aiming to be as unobtrusive as possible, so can't do things like that in my mod. You can make a mod that does that though, set the chance in the deal function of the sub-commander card to 0.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  12. trialq

Updated to v1.2:
    • Fixed shadowing issue, by more shadowing :S
    • Fixed bluehawk not getting nerfs applied in 'borked' loadouts
    • Added 'buffed' loadouts, like 'borked' loadouts but opposite

buff.png
    rayzone12 and Jaedrik like this.
  13. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

whell this update on your mod destroyed the new war window there is nothing in there anymore 2 choosse commander or which loaddout or what setting's
  14. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

and reinstalling the game aint helping you latest mod update ruined the new GW game start

Attached Files:

15. trialq

It doesn't break for me. You're going to have to provide more information if you expect me to be able to help. What if anything you managed to do with the mod, other mods you have enabled etc.

Disabling the mod in PAMM will almost certainly stop anything that this mod could be doing. Did you try that?
  16. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

yup even deleting your mod trough pamm and then i did reinstalling the game still a black screen in the newwar tab of the GW Campaign

But the game itself didnt got a new update at the moment you cme whit your buffed comms

but iff you whanna talk abt it through skype i whill leave a personal message whit the skype name
    Last edited: June 21, 2014
  17. trialq

Try deleting your settings, everything including saved systems, and probably running galactic wars will be gone:
    This should fix the problem whether or not this mod was the cause. If your GW still doesn't work, your game files may be corrupt, or something else.

edit: No skype. You can pm on here, or talk on irc if you like.
  18. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

whell there is nothing wrong whit the main game files i alrdy used steam file consist check no abnormality's
    but is there a whay 2 keep my solar systems i made they are in a seperate map right
  19. trialq

I don't know how you can keep the systems you've made if you delete local settings, other than going into system editor and copying all the details to put back in later.

I'm not familiar with the steam consistency check. Try the Uber launcher, it has a built in verification system: http://setup.uberent.com/pasetup.exe
  20. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

srry dude but that didnt help ether and my files are clean alrdy checked trough steam