Really no way to unlink from steam?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by zanvoly, June 16, 2014.

1. zanvoly

zanvoly New Member

My username was mistyped when i creted the account and i didnt even realize that PA was the same company as SMNC, so when i start up PA im seeing the same broken username that kept me from playing SMNC
    i have seen ways to change the name in game mentioned on forums which would be good enough if any of them worked
    Im gonna email support about it too already so please only reply here if you can direct me to where to unlink from steam myself
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Support will get this taken care of. This is a pretty easy fix, but it's not something you can do manually. We have to unlink it on our systems.
  3. zanvoly

zanvoly New Member

Thanks for the info, this is something thats been causing me a lot of frustration today.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

You should get that fixed for SMNC too. Most would say it isn't worth it, but I play it lol.
  5. terriblemarksman

terriblemarksman Member

But isn`t the username just for logging in? Isn`t the game using the Steam nickname? At least it did in SMNC, I don`t know about PA, never played it.
  6. zanvoly

zanvoly New Member

It should be, however i cant get my display name to work at all, on the forums or in game
    Though, maybe ill just ask support to fix that for me if they can, after all the log in name really doesnt matter to me i just hate having this name show to other people because it's a typo
  7. garat

Our forums don't allow a display name. That level of anonymity is too easy to abuse in a forum environment. ;)

However, display names should work. If you go to http://store.uberent.com and update your display name on the My Account page, you should be able to update it.
  8. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

The display name doesn't work for me
  9. garat

You playing through Steam or through our launcher? If it's through Steam, the code path is different - it pulls from Steam. But it is possible something broke recently, as it used to use Steam name (not account, but your steam ID).
  10. mayhemster

The display name works fine in-game but doesn't transfer to the forums. I go in through steam mainly
  11. garat

Don't. Not do. No display names on our forums. As in, we do not allow display names. ;)
    mayhemster likes this.
  12. mayhemster

I should learn to read ^^