Building and Structure Placing

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by nick2k, June 9, 2014.

1. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

When building in lines you are only able to see the placed structure when the builder is selected. The first image shows the commander selected while holding shift. The second image shows the bot fabber selected with shift held. When being attacked or attacking I usually swap back to my base and spam structures that I need in my base in an unorderly fashion. This leads to some structures not being built because another structure is overlapping the pre-replacement.

What I would like to see instead of green circles is the mesh pre structure you get when shift clicking structures. Also all of the pre placed structures to show when holding shift or pressing caps lock.

I'm not a fan of using mods but if there is one I would love to know about it.

IMG 1
    [​IMG]
    (Commander building P Gens in lines)
    IMG 2
    [​IMG]
    (Fabber building AA, possibly overlapping P Gens)

Another idea I would like to see is being able to to have multiple lines instead of just being able to drag one long line. The below picture is an attempt example of what I mean. Ever since watching the trailer I liked the idea of having P Gens in clumps of 3x2.
    [​IMG]

(These are ideas and opinions that I would personally like to see in the game. They do not reflect the communities opinion/feelings towards this subject :) )
    Last edited: June 10, 2014
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  2. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Active Member

There's a mod for building power generators in circles, for the very last point.

I'd love to see this in-game. Sometimes I'll have metal extractors queued, but my power generators will build on the mex spots before the metal extractors can be built, which leads to me having to destroy the generators manually and replacing the mex.
    nick2k likes this.
  3. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Modding the mod that pegglefrank suggested may allow you to do your 3x2 PGen placement.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that would work. There are a lot of parameters to play with. See the reference. Judging from that you would need
    Code:
    "area_build_type":"Line",
    "area_build_separation":2,
    "area_build_pattern":[[1,1,1,0],[1,1,1,0],[0,0,0,0]]
    I think...
  5. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

[​IMG]

Got it working. Had to set the area build type to "sphere" and delete "[0,0,0,0]. The left placement is when I drag the layout past the first set. Thanks for the references!
    Last edited: June 13, 2014
    PeggleFrank and DeathByDenim like this.
  6. DeathByDenim

Nice! I'm curious what the line one did though. I suppose I could test it myself, but you already did, so... :)
  7. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

This is what yours gave me haha.
    [​IMG]
    DeathByDenim and PeggleFrank like this.
  8. DeathByDenim

Huh, that was unexpected. Oh well. :)