Who is new with BETA planet smashing?- Recruitment and Clans

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by archcommander, September 24, 2013.

1. guiltyblood

guiltyblood New Member

Try downloading anti malware programs and run them and see if they magically fix your problem
  2. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Hey guys,

yay
    Last edited: June 19, 2014
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Hey Krispy, glad to have you with us. I tend to try and play a few games with new members (not a tryout, just to get to know you a bit and see approximately how good you are) but unfortunately I'm currently having a few technical problems. Although I THINK they're now fixed, I won't be playing till Thursday, so drop a message in the clan general discussion thread, PM one of the other generals (cmdrflop, nerofearstar, dionytadema) or connect to our Teamspeak server to hook up with some other clan members for a game. (All details on our website linked in my sig)

I'll send on a bit more info and a forum sig when I'm not on mobile, hope to meet you on the battlefield soon!
  4. puddin42596

puddin42596 New Member

I would like to join your clan.
    I have 143 hours in PA currently and I am looking to improve.
    archcommander likes this.
  5. lapsedpacifist

Hi puddin, glad to see you're interested in Promethean.

I will send you a PM with all the necessary info as soon as I have access to my desktop, but feel free to drop into our Teamspeak server and have a game if anyone's online before then, the server details are on our website linked in my sig (under 'contact us').

I'll hopefully have time to play this evening (GMT), so if you're free it'd be good to have a few games to get to know you a bit.
  6. elliotmcr

elliotmcr New Member

do you accept player of all ages?
  7. lapsedpacifist

Yes, provided you are polite and sensible we don't mind how old you are.
    Maturity is more important than age, so as long as people don't make themselves an annoyance then age doesn't matter.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hehe, thankfully there is no policy against 'oldies' either... I grew up playing Total Annihilation rather more years ago than I care to admit. Interestingly after talking with some of the other clan members the other day I'm not the oldest Promethean member either (I won't name any names)... This game is being built atop of quite a long lineage of earlier games and quite a few players from the 'old days' resurfaced when the Kickstarter campaign hit.

It's nice that there are new players joining the community and as a general rule everyone's been pretty awesome :)

My main advice to players of any age is be respectful of other players, stick to your word (i.e. if in a game everyone agrees 'no nukes' don't be that player that wins by nuking everyone) and try to be a good sport- if you win then acknowledge a good fight with a 'good game' or similar but don't go calling your opponents noobs or otherwise attack them (obviously if you're friends with a player and know them well it's not uncommon to have a bit of banter with them, but I'd avoid it with anyone you don't know as it's hard to tell on the internet when someone is being playful or just plain rude!).
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  9. lapsedpacifist

I played TA also, although it was the first video game I ever played to any serious degree. Must have started playing when I was only 6 or something :D (I remember watching my older brother and dad play it alot too). Myth, TA, original warcraft and civilisation... I remember them all with a rosy tint.

I do find communities with a bit of a background tend to be a lot more pleasant, the Elite Dangerous community is fantastic because the average age is around forty :p

I also find European dominated communities are often friendlier and more polite than American ones, but perhaps I'm just being subconsciously prejudiced.
  10. e1211

e1211 New Member

Hello,
    I would like to join your clan to see how i like it.
    PA is the first strategy game i play online, so i am quite a beginner but i think i pick up fast.
    As i am working away from home in the better time of the week, so i can log on only in weekends and Tuesday nights. I hope it won't be a problem.
    Please pm me the details.
  11. nsufc

nsufc New Member

hello, i would like to join your clan. i have only played a few hours of it mainly because i dont have anyone to play with, i have watched loads of strategies and gameplay. i can learn and adapt quickly to any feedback given and id love to join your group.
    steam name: nixx6
    british time zone
    i have teamspeak, anything else im happy to answer :)
    Thanks
    Niall
  12. lapsedpacifist

Hey Niall, happy to have you with us!
    I'll send you details of our Teamspeak and fill you in on some details when I get on my home PC, if you're free for a game in the next hour or so I'd be happy to show you the ropes and get to know you a bit.
  13. nsufc

nsufc New Member

Hey Niall, happy to have you with us!
    I'll send you details of our Teamspeak and fill you in on some details when I get on my home PC, if you're free for a game in the next hour or so I'd be happy to show you the ropes and get to know you a bit.

yeah im free now if your ready for a game?
  14. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Yes you can join. :)
  15. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

16. warriorofspecters

warriorofspecters New Member

Hello archcommander,
    I'm a PA player that has been playing since Early Access, but still needs lots of practice. I've never been in a clan before and I just want to try one out. I play mostly on weekends from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM CST. My Steam name is The Vanquisher and my UberNet PA name is judude.
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hey, if you want to get in on some games with us, jump into our Teamspeak server (details can be found at link below):

https://sites.google.com/site/prometheanpa/contact

If you don't have it yet, teamspeak is free and if you don't have a microphone you can still come into the channel for text chat.
  18. warriorofspecters

Okay, but how do I join the server?
  19. lapsedpacifist

There's a link to where you download the client in the link cdrkf gave you.
    Just download the client run it and hit control-s to connect, then put in the details from the link.

Hope to see you in game sometime!
  20. warriorofspecters

Thank you.:)