"Know your Foe, Do-Si-Do" - Tournament 21st / 28th June

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, June 9, 2014.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

Hello forums, I hope you have your dancing shoes to hand!

I think it's fair to say that we've had a fairly healthy portion of 1v1 tournaments of late. But you know what they say about "too much of a good thing", so I've cooked up something of a variety show for you.

As the title implies, the theme of this tournament is partner-swapping. If you don't know what a do-si-do is, go and watch this video. we'll be pitting some of PA's top players against one another in a variety of team game formats in hope of winning the grand prize.

The winner of this particular tournament will get their hands on one of Uber Entertainment's coveted and somewhat-hard-to-get-hold-of Theta Commander plushie toys!
    [​IMG]

Tournament Format
    • The Grand Dance will take place on Saturday 28th June at 1800 UTC. The top ten players on the PAStats Uberskill ladder as of 12:00 UTC on 20th June will be invited to attend. If any can't make it, we'll work down the ladder until we have the top ten available players.
    • Round '0' in the Grand Dance will be a 10 player FFA to seed the 10 invited players into the 10 top slots for the dance schedule. The first to die will occupy slot 10, the second to die will occupy slot 9, etc. No points are awarded in this round.
    • For each subsequent round, players will be awarded 2 points for a win, 1 for a 'draw', 0 for a loss.
    • Round 1 will be a 1v1. Round 2 will be a 2v2. Round 3 will be a 3v3. Round 4 will be a 5v5 (the two lowest-scoring players will be eliminated). Players will know in advance who their teammates and enemies will be as the Dance is pre-prepared.
    • Round 5 will be a play-off between any players that have emerged tied for the top score.
    Rules and Info

This event will be dualcasted by Metabolical and WPMarshall at http://www.twitch.tv/metabolical

• The layout and brackets are located HERE.
    • Our light-footed contenders will need to be in the Realm teamspeak at least 15 minutes before the start of the event - preferably a bit more. Get in touch with me if you need the details.
    • Players are required to have PAStats and the System Sharing mod enabled
    • Players should play on the designated systems as laid out in the System Sharing folder
    • All team games will use Shared Armies
    • Games may not be re-hosted after the 5-minute mark in-game. Only one re-host permitted for each game.
    • For each win, a player will be awarded 2 points. For each loss they will receive 0 points. Draws are 1 point.
    • A draw will be declared if a game is not completed within 45 minutes.
    Last edited: June 28, 2014
  2. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Where does one acquire these hard to get theta plushies?
    LavaSnake likes this.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Heh, I'm originally from a town very close to where that do-si-do video was recorded. Possibly I shouldn't be admitting that.

Good luck with this tournament! Looks like fun.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. cwarner7264

By winning this tournament ;)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  5. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

;)
    Let me rephrase that, where'd you get yours?
  6. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I believe he got it at pax east
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. cwarner7264

Gandalf guessed correctly, the Theta was among my bag of Uber swag from PAX East.
  8. jonathanstey

jonathanstey Member

Where do you sign up for casting?
  9. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Ah okay
  10. cwarner7264

Nowhere yet. But I'll scan through this thread when details like that have been sorted out properly :)
  11. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Needless to say I'm in for that :) Though I'd a need a streaming Co-caster
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Depending on the time, I'll try to join, though I imagine better players will get in rather than me. Haven't played in three months after all! :p

Can't do it, sorry Wrong Cat. Wish I could., but Boy Scouts gets busy.
    Last edited: June 11, 2014
  13. icefire909

icefire909 Member

I'm still not sure if you're gonna try and get commanders to dance in a circle and attempt to not shoot eachother..
  14. reptarking

so down to stream with you
  15. cwarner7264

Oh? You're currently in the top 10 so you'd be getting an invite to the dance! Or were you suggesting to cast the open qualifier?
  16. reptarking

I would rather do casting and just a constant twitch stream that day with the whole community that's watching it then play.
  17. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

18. jonathanstey

jonathanstey Member

I'll be casting too.
  19. cwarner7264

Right, I've just updated the OP with some more details, and signups for the open qualifier are now open. Who wants that plushie commander?
  20. drkhel

drkhel New Member

hey sorry guys i just signed up for the open tournament then found out i wont be able to compete as something has come up, how do i contact uber to tell them?