[Rel] Team Lathe Color

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by thetrophysystem, June 8, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This changes your nanolathe color into your team primary and secondary color. If that interests you, slap the download button, await it on the PAMM, slap my like button, Please and Thank You.
    [​IMG]

Makes sense, since the lathe literally forms into the unit which it makes, so it would be the same color as the unit... right? So I fixed a bug. Go me!

Also, I am informed that this may help competitively to read distant units apart in color of team, although I have no clue what a "tournament" even is, or if I would be good at them if I did know what they are.

Shouldn't matter, but made with PTE 67099.

Tested it by putting it in and making selections on it with PAMM. Worked locally, if you download and drop the folder in your mods folder, it should be read by your PAMM as well. So I can only assume, it is PAMM capatable, so slap this sloppy piece of crap mod of mine on the mod manager. If you would... Please... If you think it's worthy...

Also stuart and burntcustard...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 8, 2014
    Fr33Lancer, BulletMagnet and stuart98 like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Doesn't work. Changes fab color to white.
  3. thetrophysystem

hmm, it has effect, but doesn't change the color...

might be syntax interfering, because it defaults to white.

but hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. If you choose team color white, this technically works :p till I tweak tomorrow I guess...
  4. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Pics or it didn't happen.

Also I want secondary colour nanolathe effect.

Also I busy, and lazy.
  5. thetrophysystem

doing where it glows primary and particles primary and secondary.

it didn't work. Probably small oversight will make it all work. Wouldn't be so sure if it didn't partially work, or if bgolus didn't do it.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Could you extend this to team colour weapons fire?
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

you'll have to test this for lag and crashes, that's what happened to me when I tried to change lathe color in my icon pack.

just a head's up.
  8. thetrophysystem

Next Shader Mod I'll Do: Team Uber Cannon Color.

:D
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

It goes in a different place than original fab color did. It goes in spec tag, other one went in shader tag. Thanks to @bgolus for recommending in the post for anyone interested to look in ping.pfx. I have it working internally just as a note for yall. I need to figure out what controls secondary color for the right part of the spray. Will post here shortly. Hope everyone is appreciative, I just enjoy bringing something to the table.

Edit: Also will make this change to "combat fabbers" (have different pathed shader file because their lathe is longer), and I got it working in primary/secondary color. Orange/blue will be a new favorite color I bet, as well as black I guess (I hate how it's secondaries are pink, GIVE US FULL SELECTION SECONDARIES UBER!)
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  10. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So, what was the issue about, alphas ?
    I tried messing with the file, but :

[​IMG]
  11. thetrophysystem

I mentioned the problem above. I put the "useArmyColor" tag in the [shader] brackets. It actually belonged outside those but inside the actual {spec} brackets. I found that out by checking the ping.pfx file. Pings use team color. After reading THAT code, I noticed the location of the "useArmyColor", so I put it there inside the fabspray.pfx. It worked.

EDIT: Actually, let me flip around colors, its really more like "secondary on primary" than it is "primary on secondary"...

I also added fabspraycombat.pfx or whatever. It works PAMM locally. I released it, put it in your mods folder, enable it with your own PAMM after moving it there, request it added to PAMM database by your local PAMM database leader, and most of all...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Fr33Lancer likes this.
  12. Fr33Lancer

Thanks a lot :)
    I did tweak fab_combat_spray.pfx and inverted primary / secondary colors, because inner lathe is larger and should reflect primary color to my opinion ;)
  13. thetrophysystem

Yes but... I just did that and it didn't look different. It is like, whatever I change secondary to, it becomes the largest. So I didn't bother changing it. If I figure out one of the shaders is in fact smaller, I will switch it to that.

EDIT: Max Particles: 500, Max particles 75. Well ****. There is an obvious difference between those. I guess I will take care of that now and reupload.

EDIT EDIT: Wait, the inside stream is the larger looking one, and it is the smaller number one. Dafuq? Well, let me do some tests to see which one actually looks better, and then I will do that.
  14. Fr33Lancer

Agreed, change is barely perceptible on combat fabber, but with the advanced one, you can clearly notice an inner / outer lathe :
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Normal / Inverted
    Anyway, it's each individual's preference ;)
  15. thetrophysystem

No, your inverted is definitely better. I just changed 3 numbers and tested though. I didn't see massive change. Which number did you set "army color 2", the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th reference for "army color" in the code? And in the combat one, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?
  16. Fr33Lancer

I simply took your files and inverted the colors.
    But since I didn't notice a great difference for fabbers, but only combat fabbers (more specifically advanced one), I kept the modification only for the latter.
    So 2 / 1 / 2 in fab_combat_spray.pfx
  17. Fr33Lancer

I gave it a go, thanks to your explanations ;)
    [​IMG]
    I tweaked uber_proj_trail.pfx and uber_proj_explosion.pfx and brutally replaced every RGB occurences with "useArmyColor":1 (some occurrences should not have been replaced, like the AoE circles which are default in yellow, but I find it kind of cool)
    No need to tweak uber_muzzle_flash.pfx
    I may do some more testing :)

EDIT : Yeah, comparing with default file, smoke should not be white, must be some derp.
    [​IMG]
    Will try to enhance that
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I don't see this mod on PAMM... :(
  19. Fr33Lancer

The fabber lathe is posted as a zip in the OP ;)
  20. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Ah I see. I must have misread the OP.