Use the In-Game Community Mods - raevn's PA Mod Manager for Linux and Mac OS X is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, August 25, 2013.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Weird though. That should have worked unless you've never ever started PA before. Pamm gets the location from the log files PA creates. What does it say when you start pamm from the command line? It should say something like:
    Code:
    Expecting executable in: "/home/jarno/Games/PA/".
  2. totallypointless

totallypointless New Member

In void PAMM::launchPAButtonClicked() you call system + nohup to launch the game, but do not escape any spaces in paPath, thus if the game is installed with steam, the launching will fail due to spaces in the the game path.

paPath will be something like "Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary Annihilation/"
    but nohup will end up trying to access something like "Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary"
  3. DeathByDenim

Oh, oops. Nice catch. Thanks.
  4. iuvius

iuvius New Member

when i try the mouse cursor fix it doesnt load and the mods file isnt in steam
  5. Mnemon

Mnemon New Member

With the steam version the "Launch PA" button doesn't seem to work, error message being "nohup: failed to run command ‘/home/mnemon/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Planetary’: No such file or directory"

So it just doesn't handle spaces in the pathnames atm.

EDIT: Heh, looks like it was already known ... gotta learn how to read.
  6. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

You should try the new crossplatform PAMM : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-pa-mod-manager-crossplatform-version-with-atom-shell.59992/
  7. DeathByDenim

Sorry, I was away for a month. So here goes:

Mod files won't show up in steam. When you use pamm, it will list the installed mods in the installed tab. If it shows there, then it's installed. If the checkbox in front of it is checked, then it's enabled. Also, the mouse cursor fix is meant for Linux only. Is that why you installed it?

Oh, hmm. I thought I had fixed this already, but it looks like I didn't. Fixed locally now, although you should use Mereth's version:

Mereth's version has replaced raevn's version and should replace my version as well. Once I get round to it, that is.