Galactic war orbital commander has no factories?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by alexrou, May 26, 2014.

1. alexrou

alexrou New Member

I tried to play with the orbital commander but then I can't build any factories ... the UI doesn't even show the factories box.
  2. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

Same here. I was so excited to get him, but he has no factories, and even if you pickup another factory tech the orbital launcher still only has the transport. The standard vehicle commander has no orbital combat units so it made an interplanetary assault a pure nightmare.
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

thats because you need a fabricater to build an orbital factory, but since you cant build any factories....the strategy is to rush enemy commander/build many laser towers and hope to god you get some tech
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Uber planned the loadout poorly, unfortunately.
    Hopefully it'll be fixed.
  5. alexrou

alexrou New Member

The description says you get basic bot tech tho :p
  6. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I think its hilarious, and fun in its own way, like planning how to use towers and commander rushing properly, and praying to god you get the right tech
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

On the other hand, assault commander has all 4 factories and no turrets. I believe it is hilariously OP tbh, even if turrets were stronger, because of all the layers available to you, and also because if you get any t2 tech you will have the t1 tech for it so you don't get unuseable t2 tech.

So, some funny stuff, but I have seen games release with this ridiculous oversights, at least this is first ever functioning demo test of galactic war.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Perhaps assault should only get the two basic units for each factory - no combat fabs, infernos, or scouts. I might even go as far as removing land AA since he has air, but that might not work for orbital invasions.
  9. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

10. alexrou

alexrou New Member