Galactic War freezes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by vox1972, May 23, 2014.

1. vox1972

vox1972 New Member

When playing galactic war (v.66156) against a faction leader (1 vs 3AI) - gameplay freezes but you can still interact with the UI etc.

This only started after an update this morning (GMT) - Anyone else having similar issues?

Set up - 3930K @ 4.7 / ATI 7970 xfire / Win 8.1
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  2. Mederias

Mederias New Member

I'm having the same issue, at first it's no big deal, a few hiccups, but then, by the time I started to build an orbital launcher 15-20 minutes into the game, the freezes literally would last minutes at a time until I hit one that just never seemed to end.
    vox1972 likes this.
  3. ilikeapplejuice

ilikeapplejuice New Member

I am having this exact issue.
    I was just on the very last commander in Galactic War, 2v3 whittled down to 1v2, across 3 planets with many hundreds of units on all sides. I was in the middle of a battle on an enemy planet that involved the majority of said units when I had one freeze that lasted a couple of minutes, then another that went on so long I Alt+F4d it.
  4. ElliotExplicit

ElliotExplicit New Member

Yeah, having the same issue here too. It definitely has something to do with Sim Lag. Client and Server seem to be alright, but the Sim seems to be freezing at 9.9fps when in mid to late game. The strange thing is that it's never super frequent just every 3-4 games. Never really experienced this until now so I expect it's something to do with Galactic War.

Also is anyone experiencing freezing on the Galactic War system menu? Sometimes when moving from system to system it gets stuck on one of them.
  5. bobolieux

bobolieux New Member

Same Elliot.

I experience the server sim lag, not every game, but frequently enough that I feel like committing an hour to a good match is a gamble. Sometimes it rectifies itself after 5 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes. I will lose connection to server and be back at the GW screen if I sit and wait too long.

I have had a GW game break when I also experienced the second issue you mentioned. It happened while travelling back through the initial starting spot to head down a different branch of the map. I have had it happen twice so far. The second time, the game "explored" the starting planet, found nothing (since I started there) and then prohibited me from clicking on any other icon. Don't remember exact circumstances the first time. Save/reload does nothing, even quitting the program entirely does nothing.
  6. dynamicecho

dynamicecho New Member

I get this gameplay freezing problem in most games longer than 20 minutes, has kinda made the game unplayable for me.
  7. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

I also get this issue, at about the same amount of time into a match. I can still interact with the UI and select units / order them around, but nothing happens. It's like someone hit a pause button. Occasionally I will hear some sound effects, like the regular "more mex needed", etc.

The strange thing is, it seems something is still happening behind the scenes. I had the game freeze while a big army group was about to attack a holkins pelting my base. The game froze, but after a few minutes, the holkins health suddenly went down to 50%.
  8. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

That is the net lag. The game is still running on the server - hence the suddenly nearly dead holkins - but just has not updated on your end timeously
  9. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

Possibly. Since the last mini-patch I only get small temporary hiccups now, so they probably fixed the underlying issue.