Legacy Galactic War

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by wondible, May 25, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Uber left some code lying around.

Code:
    window.location.href = 'coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/legacy/galactic_war.html'
    Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 14.20.16 .png

A lot of stuff doesn't work, and of course nothing has been done on help and explanation. It apparently predates the ability to launch the game, or it was left out to speed development.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

actually, that looks pretty cool...
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They said they did it twice before, and had to scrap it because it wandered way too far to actually work with.

Really, their current iteration is a very basic start, which is why it works because it is simple. Really, it is in that, that will let them add to it. They need something that can go and function first, in order to add bells and whistles on.

The current one is cool, then they can add research, and starsystem functions, and such, one at a time as progression.

They can get this there, the important part is getting a functioning basic draft.
    lokiCML likes this.
  4. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Indeed that looks much better than the current version :(
  5. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Nah I think the current version looks better. It just needs to be fleshed out some more and a bit more intelligent with handing out cards, and it will be lovely :D
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

It looks a lot more complex. They wanted a metagame that was interesting for advanced players and beginners alike , but was just that - a metagame. What this looks like i more of a 4x kinda of game. It would be very interesting to play too, I agree and I would very much like to try it, but it would take too much concentration away form the RTS part.
  7. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

I love love to actually play something like this. I won that Uber sized absurd difficulty galaxy btw, it wasn't hard you just needed to get lucky cause if you don't than its impossible so yeah pure luck! Now obviously here you can't have a 4x game without spaceships, even Uber knows that so they scraped the 4x part of galaxy mode and give us this shittier version lawls!
  8. sierra159

sierra159 Member

Very cool. It seems very complicated, but still seems simple enough to play. I wonder if the current version of galactic war will ever look like this.
  9. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member