Galactic War Build: 66567

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 22, 2014.

1. acey195

acey195 Member

Great patch guys, Had a great time!

here are some bugs :p :
    just finished my first play through and found a somewhat annoying error.
    In my first playthrough I unlocked the Orbital commander, which is supposed to start with bots according to the page.. which is kinda strange to start, but I get no factories at all when I start playing using this commander. (see attachment)

I also think the complete naval tech did not allow me to build t1 naval, but am not entirely sure of that.

Finally, in my last battle of my first playthrough I got halleyed XD, so I had to twitch move my com off planet and rebuild over again, which was exciting, however after the impact various music tracks started to play simultaneously
    (normal soundtrack+"exciting" soundtrack associated with the planet smashing.

Edit: and the first technology I got after combatteling was... complete orbital tech XD
    And in the second battle the AI did get air factories, while I still didn't have any factories

Edit2: and after the second battle I got storage compression tech... why are you doing this to me Rng XD?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    trialq likes this.
  2. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

So I was playing Galactic War today and heard that a commader had been destroyed I'd won, I went and looked at the reaplay and it turns out that the enemy com basically com bombed trying to get mex deposits

Attached Files:

3. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

when I say this I meant he ran into one of my subcommanders
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Ok so here are a couple of suggestions for improving Galactic war. It's awesome but it can get so much more awesome if we just get something similar to this:

1. More options. I'd like to set up bigger galaxies, number of planets per solar system and planet sizes. More customization is more fun.

2. I'd like to see that each faction has different starting technology. It would be nice if one started with air, one with bot, one with tanks and one (for example) with any turret, including T2 and the anchor.

3. It would be nice to make the history of the planet an optional thing to turn off. On my 1280x1024 monitor it as as big as 1/6 of the galaxy screen.

4. Being able to build more commanders later (or rather pick up a card that gives you another attacking force) would be awesome.
  5. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

The Server sim seems worse, still have alot of issues with engi's getting stuck on things, also had a pelter not firing. Sometimes the engineers dosent build the factory it has been told, it just stay idle.

Also had some trouble with GW, when I get a "Failed to start game" im locket and cant do anything In GW, I have to quit to main menu.
  6. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

As much as I would like to play it, I am stuck on generating planets for the Galactic War :(
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

If you have mods, disable them all. They can bug the game.
  8. tollman

tollman Member

I am still getting fabbers just stopping for no reason on their way to doing something and you have to re-issue all the orders. Commander also did this. Please fix this asap as it is very frustrating.

Edit: no mods installed.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  9. acey195

acey195 Member

Im now stuck on a third playthrough.
    Each game on a certain planet, called "Diamant", I lose connection to the server.
    This has now happened 3 times, each after about 6 minutes when I start to attack the AI.

EDIT: I heard this may be caused by the Orbital Tech, in the livestream

It also seems the performance (IE succeeding to fire) of the pelter seems very low in this patch
  10. teradyn

teradyn Member

Currently, on build 66516, My Bolo and Spinner units do not attack enemy units while in a galactic conquest game. The flame thrower ground unit does attack. Dunno what it is as a single player game has them all working fine against AI.

Note, am not running any mods and the problem has happened on different galactic conquest games.
  11. torvenral

torvenral New Member

Hello please look into this, I already posted it here on forums, but its still not fixed and I can't continue in GW because of that, just can't click "download tech" button, because those upgrade lines hide it, so I'm stuck there :/ (playing at 1366x768 laptop)

Attached Files:

12. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

MAJOR BUG - Pressing backspace returns you to the previous scene
  13. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Also I cannot start any multiplayer games, haven't tried galactic war yet
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Should be resolved now. There was a temporary problem due to the number of people trying to start up single player games simultaneously. The Amazon instances in particular take a while to spin up, and it was apparently a bit much.
  15. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

any info on my backspace issue?
  16. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

Ok had some time to play around with GC here is my short list of bugs.

1) After moving in to attack a enemy system I get a fail to connect to server message and it returns me to the galaxy map. I can not connect unless I completely close PA and relaunch. I can then play one game but as soon as I move to the next system it repeats. Started with the update on steam around 6-7 pm EST

2) Enemy Ai will sometimes not build anything. A general comment would be that Ai has taken a large step back compared to before the new update. My thinking is its having a hard time dealing with only a limited skill set and is not utilizing what it has to work with.

3) During my playthroughs a lot of systems load as metal planets. Dont know if this is by designed but it seems to be almost a 2:1 metal planet to any other type. Is it something along the lines of the system seeds a planet at random when first called or are the systems pre designed?

4) The loot system needs some tweaking, I often get techs that I can not use such as Advanced Bots, but no data to use the first tier of Bots to build said Adv Bots. Though Zaphod's 5 on 1 stomps were fun to watch.

5) Also pathfinding is tad wonkey. My fabs will get trapped by the buildings that they just built and time to time my commander and Ai commanders will fall pray to this as well but the Ai have no way to self correct making it very easy to win the match.

Very happy with this first version though and I appreciate how much work was put in to get to here. I tend to not enjoy MP as frankly I am terrible. So being able to have a campaign of sorts to play with is very loved.

EDIT

still can't find the in game option to submit bugs, next best thing
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/52u05oi23ksv3y6/AAC5AL6TysgyWnq6eVQbjZI5a
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  17. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

annoying when you can't really talk. My re-binding it to a different key doesn't fly either.
  18. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

After updating to any of the Galactic War versions, my UI quickly becomes very laggy. Like, takes several seconds to select units and issue orders laggy. No, it's not a bandwidth issue. I have fiber optics and all other bandwidth consuming programs are turned off, not to mention its fine in the first few (1-5) minutes of the game. I also turned the graphics down to "Low", which my GTX 560 should be able to breeze through. My processor is a bit dated, but the Core 2 Quad 9550 still has some muscle in this day and age. Not to mention, these problems were not present in previous builds. Attaching DxDiag for more info.

Attached Files:

kayonsmit101 likes this.
  19. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Really interesting choice of starting spots... Not a single metal spot and half of the space is unusable as well. Whoops.... lolwut.jpg

[EDIT] My AI compadre had similar poor luck, but worse judgement skills:
    poor chap.jpg

[EDIT EDIT] I have no words.
    poor chap.jpg
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  20. AestheticEnd

AestheticEnd New Member

The BACON commander loadout seems to be missing the speed boost.
    Remy561 likes this.