The Galactic War Begins!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, May 22, 2014.

1. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

I really, really wish that the galactic warfare gave the option to fight players for a planet instead of AI.. like you could click on it and do a match instead.

Because right now.. this is honestly worthless to me. Playing against the AI is extremely boring, I just win every match within 7 minutes so there's no point to anything.

I understand a multiplayer galactic conquest is coming, but it's going to take a while. Frankly, worry about fleshing it out later - right now we should be able to fight how we want for our single player conquest to give replayability to the actual multiplayer.

Because right now, it's basically entirely wasted, and it's such a small change that could make it so perfect.
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

lol, Cant even play galactic war yet. Login keeps being rejected.

It all looks and sounds good so far though :)
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Agreed, it's actually a great first pass iteration! :D
  4. tripper

tripper Active Member

I'm just here to add my congratulations and appreciation for one of the best patches ever, been waiting for this one. So good, much excellence!
  5. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Kickstater backers right?

Remember the rewards?
    I guess Uber has a very different definition of "just for you".
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

AFAIK the backers had a choice of whether they wanted them to be for sale or not. Uber's not screwing anyone over here.
    corteks, Remy561 and Quitch like this.
  7. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

I hope so. But between that and the early access, I really don't like the direction of the commercial side of things.
  8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I'm looking forward to trying out the galactic war and the newest patch in general, unfortunately I'm bogged down with university assignments atm :(
  9. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Loving everything! I need a better computer :(
  10. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

I got smashed by the enemy. The game became so laggy I couldn't move my comm through the portal into safety. :(
  11. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

SO far it seems awesome, Galactic War that is. My issue with it is I was on my second map and I don't have avengers or orbital fabbers so it was damn near impossible to establish a beach head on the enemy. I tried 100 astreaus drops and 50 of them got smashed before I got to the ground and then they just got owned by Advanced bombers. MEH :( I just needed a tele on there so I could get the rest through and maybe I would have been ok
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They were asked and they even get a cut of the money earned.
    corteks, websterx01 and Quitch like this.
  13. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

And only three out of 100 accepted?
  14. lizard771

So basically, people who are buying the skins are giving some of the money to someone else, who has nothing to do with Uber? Stupid.
  15. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Why is that stupid? They paid a ridiculous sum of money to get all those benefits. Why not recoup some of the money you spent? Why be selfish when you can make some money for doing nothing?
    corteks likes this.
  16. lizard771

So you're telling me that they deserve to make money out of their kind donation? No, that's just wrong. That's not how stuff works. The money Uber gets by selling the skins (which is a critical situation itself already) should flow back into the development of the game, not the guys, who backed it, because they GET THE GAME.
    ace63 likes this.
  17. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Then we simply do not agree on the value of work.
    You are saying that you give a skin that "costed" maybe 100h of work 1/3 of the worth of a game that "costed" probably more than 100k hours of work ? Seriously ?
    This one is really killing me. Too much emotionnal investment. Like i said before : want to help the devs ? Buy the game. Or an other copy.

I just consider infamy to pay so much for a skin, it's simply devaluating the work of the devs'.

Ho, and this money does not go totally to Uber.
    These are Custom Commander from 1k Backers.
    Read this post from KNight. Very nice.
    And this thread. Bonus (will be posting there from now if you need me).
    Nicb1 likes this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yes, truly we have found a just cause: hating on totally optional graphic purchases with no gameplay effect that give money to the people who designed them in addition to Uber. Hold that moral high ground, lads!
    popededi likes this.
  19. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Vote with your wallet, don't like them, don't buy them. I'm not gonna buy them simply because neither of them appeal to me aesthetically.

I don't want to argue your point, I just want to understand your motivation behind making them. It's people associating a value to their own work. Where do you come in? Why is it devaluating the work of the devs? Because it pays their salaries?
  20. quazzi

quazzi Member

this new update is the best one yet. hands down. galatic war is pretty dope