The Galactic War Begins!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, May 22, 2014.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Well I certainly don't find it offensive, especially given that 2/3 of the commanders shown above are already only $5, which is a perfectly acceptable price.
    If selling a few skins now means we get some additional features later that wouldn't have existed at all without DLC, then I am fine with it.
    If all the money from the commander skins goes on speedboats and pet leopards, I will be disappointed, but I can't really see that happening.
    badfucatus and MrTBSC like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

subjektive thing ... buy them or don´t .... easy ...
    badfucatus likes this.
  3. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Want to help the devs ?
    Don't buy $35 skins. Buy another copy of the game and give it to a friend.
    Or anybody with a computer. This really help the devs and the industry in general.
    On the other side, if the skins were at $0.50 each, i would consider buying them...
  4. MrTBSC

so 10 commanders for 5 dollars? ... nope ... may as well just give them for free then ... no i entirely disaggree on that ...
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. Kola2

Kola2 Member

I am kinda pissed that you only can have 3 techs at a time >:
  6. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

yes free is always better :D
  7. MrTBSC

of course ... my point is selling them that cheap however seems to not be helpfull at all for them
    either sell them for a reasonable price or don´t at all because ... yeah commanders ARE a status symbol (using that losely) ... i said it before they kind of represend YOU on the battlefield ... for what reason would you need 50 different commanderskins? and depending on the modelquality why should some not be a bit more expensive? i personaly am fine with commanderskins varrying from 3 to 8 dollars ... as said depending on quality
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Exactly, you shouldn't buy them all. You should just spend 5 dollars on your favorite ;) But I do find 10 dollars a bit much for a skin. 5 is okay ;)
    MrTBSC likes this.
  9. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

OHH MY ABSOLUTE JESUS H CHRIST.I LOVE YOU UBER.EVERY LAST INCH OF M,Y LOVE IS DEDICATED TO YOU!!!!!
    varrak and badfucatus like this.
  10. Kola2

Kola2 Member

Ugh have been stuck in a match in about an hour now, i have nothing to invade them with, and if i try to spam engineers with astereas they just kill them at no time.

EDIT : Tried to move in my comm but he got immidiently sniped, i'm so quitting GW.

EDIT EDIT : Now after i lost i'm stuck at this planet and must try again. Bullshit uber you guys dissapointed me really with this update.
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  11. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

1. I paid $90 for PA. It launched on Steam at £60, then was reduced to £40. Or maybe it started at £40, I forget.

2. You said it was insulting. Prove this, please.

3. Wrong. Both have the same costs.

4. The skins aren't magically $35 all of a sudden.

5. $0.50 for a single skin is insulting.

Please be more reasonable. If the developers are selling micro-transactions, then buying them would help the devs. Stop pretended you know more than them, because you evidently don't.
    drz1, stuart98 and badfucatus like this.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

hehe I was only just picking fun at ya :D

On a serious note on the issue at hand though, 50 commanders just add variety, as its the heart of the armies, it is nice to change that up a bit otherwise game just gets a bit stale I think, but yes having a commander that represents you as well is also kool :D

think bundles or packs is much better then a single commander costing as much as 8/10/15$ though, not going to sell many at that price really in all honesty which begs to differ why do it anyway then if you're just not going to sell that many?
  13. tilen

tilen Member

I cannot believe how good this game has become with a single update. I am in awe, Uber.
  14. tilen

tilen Member

That's not the case. I discovered an extra slot just now.
    mkrater likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It actually does not matter if you buy another copy of the game or a bunch of skins or whatever. The money all ends up in Uberents backaccount, which they happen to use to fund PA. Also you have to realize that the game has to be build before any skins can be sold for it. So really just accept that those skins are nothing more than a way to donate money to Uber and get some extra models for it.
    drz1 likes this.
  16. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Skins are basically a way to support uber, with a little badge of honor in return. They are entirely optional, and add nothing to gameplay.
    If you have some free cash and you want to support uber, buy a skin! I see nothing wrong with that. Skins can extend the life of a game without forcing you to pay for new content; that's a good thing. You can see it as "those who can afford it can pay for content on behalf of everyone" even.
    I am a strong proponent of the cosmetic-only microtransactions in games.

As for this new update; oh man, so much content. Great ambient music too. And the grenadier and new teleporter effects... everything looks super nice :D
    drz1 likes this.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Not to mention these are special Commanders. I highly doubt $10-$15 will be the average price for future Commanders.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Played about half of a GW map (large) and love it so far (on 'hard mode')....

The systems have been varied (but relatively small so my system with 4gb of ram is coping fine). Picked up an AI support commander and a couple of extra tech slots- it's a shame you can't go back and reclaim tech later once you have more slots though?

Anyway think this is really nice- much more of a campaign than I was expecting- good job uber!
    bradaz85 likes this.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Would be cool if there was like a Tech Warehouse were you can store extra Tech you've found. They could even be raided and destroyed to have tech stolen or lost forever.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  20. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

This is great news. But I have a question:

You say this is a single-player mode. Will we be getting GW clan wars and multiplayer mode in the future?
    Just a little confused..