Galactic War Build: 66567

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 22, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

HUGE UPDATE. HUGE NEWS.

Today's update adds the first iteration of Galactic War, Planetary Annihilation's single-player experience. Available now as a free update, Galactic War tasks you with taking over a dynamic galaxy by scouring the stars for tech and special perks.

In Galactic War, you'll be placed in control of a reawakened Commander with access to a limited tech tree. As you explore and battle across the galaxy's procedurally generated systems, you'll collect random technology and find perks that boost your manufacturing and fighting capabilities.

We designed Galactic War to be replayable, and for every playthrough to feel different. We also want you to decide the scale and intensity: each of Galactic War's sizes change how many systems are in the galaxy and introduce different loadouts.

And the pressure's on because annihilation is final.

Enjoy Galactic War over and over again, and give us your feedback on the forums or social media. Have fun!

Detailed build notes:

66516 / 66567
    Addresses some server crashes and other bugs

AI: Updated AI neural net data.
    AI: Neural platoons wil now seek to attack things it can actually attack.
    AI: Will build nukes and anti-nukes in response to system threat, instead of grav well threat.
    AI: Will build nuke silos to attack other planets that do not share a grav well.
    AI: Added some AI immediate threat response stuff. In the event you decide to keep a fighter or bomber over the AIs base forever.
    AI: AI econ adjustments.
    AI: Will spread out attacks a lot more.
    AI: can use Grenadiers.
    AI: platoons can have a min and/or max unit count.
    AI: Improved AI attack location choice.
    AI: Improved AI raiding ability and later game platoon sizes.
    AI: Improved AI scouting.
    AI: AI will no longer wig out when you take away its bot factory.
    AI: Fix for when the AI believes a base is under attack.

Art: added a thruster effect to the orbital_fighter

Audio: html ui: fix for defeated music not playing.

Balance: Lower cost of T2 by 1/3
    Balance: double laser turret fire rate 1.5->2.0 (reverting)

Chronocam: hooked up seek forward/back buttons.

Gameplay: Bombers don't slow down to a near hault near bomb targets anymore; When air units are running the 'line through goal' behavior it won't slow down more than 40% of their max speed to reduce their turn radius to reach the goal any more. Instead they will fly past the goal and make another attempt. In this way they will always be 60% of their max speed or higher near the enemy target. Which is prefered over slowing down (to a near hault) making the bomber vunerable to anti air etc.
    Gameplay: Fixed units 'not assisting' or building a bit, then not, then building a bit, then not.
    Gameplay: Removed the Attack command cap from the air scout.
    Gameplay: Making Astreus go to air layer when it unloads also fixes a rare bug where commanders, when unloaded from a transport, would moonwalk across the planet. This was due to the attachable taking the transporter's velocity when it was unloaded and that affecting its interpretation of up which would cause the snapToGeom to continually move the unit.
    Gameplay: fix for units not moving into range to assist large factories. They were using the focus entity as the target for the move task, whch would be unreachable for units on large factories. Now the move task targets the factory when it is a factory and the focus entity otherwise. The buildarm still targets the focus entity.
    Gameplay: Advanced Fabbers build basic buildings
    Gameplay: Advanced Factories build basic units within their class
    Gameplay: Fixed commanders getting stuck when moving out of the way to build a structure.
    Gameplay: Allies no longer trigger alerts for enemy units detected.
    Gameplay: Updated visuals for landing zones. Now uses recon lights to highlight the landing zones instead of a particle. Landing zone labels now offset from the planet in screen space so they're easier to read at a distance.

Graphics: Fix a bug with SAO shader causing it to fail silently on some video cards. Was doing a float = vec4 which is undefined behavior.
    Graphics: Refactor how unit ambient color is done. Had changed emissive glows from lighting or emissive to lighting and emissive for direct lighting, but hadn't made that change for ambient light. Also removes extra glow of team color ... which may or may not be a good thing.

Linux: [main] Integrate SDL updates for Linux from proto/sdl. This switches away from Xlib usage in the Linux platform backend, to make it (mostly?) pure SDL2.
    Linux: [main] Check in GLSL shader validation script.
    Linux: [main] Add official glslang binaries.
    Linux: [main:Linux] Explictly request a 3.2 OpenGL context.
    Linux: [main] Set the "don't minimize on focus loss" hint for SDL.
    Linux: [main] Switch back to libboost-regex for Linux.

Network: Client/Server is more selective about the data it sends to clients. This should reduce bandwidth a lot for players, but should also help casters not get all the data all the time.

Observation: Math is hard.

UI: Support for launching YouTube in browser
    UI: move pip to q key. Move select commander to b key. Both to avoid conflicts with build bar.
    UI: Fixed bug where YouTube tutorial video wouldn't load
    UI: html ui / server js: the game creator can now set the color for AIs.
    UI: Turned off autoplay for YouTube videos from start page
    UI: Updated UI on settings page.
    UI: html ui: adding separate toggles for hiding ui (ctrl+u) and hiding ar (ctrl+y).
    UI: Various changes to strategic icons and mouse hover feedback. * When the cursor is hovering over a unit, units now displays a white icon on the ground around them and their strategic icon is slightly larger. * Ghost units no longer show additional information in their hover pop up (like if they're building or not). * Radar blips with matched ghosts now do show their type and last seen health, just like a non-radar blip ghost unit would. * Selection now represented in unit icons. Unit icons now have a black border by default instead of white. White now denotes selected. * Change "black" team to less black, more charcoal to accomidate default black border.
    UI: Improved area build for torpedos & anchors.
    UI: Normalize spacing for laser and aa towers to 18 (adv was 17).
    UI: Fix ambient occlusion settings to properly use OFF and ON;
    UI: Changes to volume levels are changed immediately (though still on retain if users click Save);
    UI: Changes to volume levels and resolution scaling now take effect when clicking Save, thus allowing them to be changed in-game (before only got applied when returning to start page);
    UI: Added new game icon.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Schulti, SXX, corteks and 5 others like this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We want the build notes!

I summon raven!
  3. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Time to start the bonfire up...

You get the 30 virgins for the sacrifice alright @brianpurkiss?

Glory be unto the Progenitor.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

All hail garat, bringer of build notes.
  5. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

@raevn ! Do your thing.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA Stats creates a high chance you won't be able to successfully click start game.
    Fix incoming soon.
    burntcustard and SikkeSakke like this.
  7. Stapha94

Stapha94 New Member

Is this still eventually planned to have multiplayer in it? This is from the kickstarter, "The Galactic War is a replayable single and multiplayer metagame. Play locally by yourself or co-op with your friends against our world class Skirmish AI’s. Or play on the live multiplayer servers and try to conquer the galaxy!"

Has this changed somewhere?
  8. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

Can't play anymore, i cant start any games, wether it's on Galactic or anywhere else, it loads then the planet shows up for a second or 2 then it loads forever.
  9. zweistein000

This build has broken a lot of mods. Also why wont my PA save my setting even after I disabled all the mods.
  10. Extreamspeed

Extreamspeed New Member

I cant start games, if i or my friend host a game we cant click the ready button. And share team with bots doesnt work also.
  11. SikkeSakke

SikkeSakke Member

Thanks for info. Hopefully Hotbuild2 is fixed soon - me don't like double tapping on keyboard when building units. Also selecting units from group hotkey is not included in official keybindings (Whit hotbuild, you can select group that contains different units and use hotkeys to select one kind - very handy when putting infernos at front of your attacking groups).
  12. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

I am not sure if my mods that I have installed are affecting my game but when starting a game in Galactic Warfare I can not select commands or access my build menu. I can select my commander and move him. I also have the ability to ping but that is about it. Will try to submit bug report and uninstall my mods and will report back.
  13. cola_colin

You have that mixed up. Always test with all mods disabled first if you encounter any issues. Some mods indeed break some stuff currently.

EDIT:
    What is a TitleDisplayName? Mine loooks rather wrong compared to my displayname.
    [​IMG]
  14. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

Aye, as you said. I can play now after I disabled the mods.

ps where has the report bug been moved to in game?
  15. cola_colin

Lol at my 42 cents credit. Those are probably from my 315,42$ pledge.

[​IMG]
  16. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

BTW, as you probably noticed, I finally added the detailed build notes. Obviously, it's not everything, but they're the ones, in 4000 lines of checkins, that stood out as interesting.
    carlorizzante, drz1, dukyduke and 3 others like this.
  17. cola_colin

[​IMG]

All mine. Am I the first person insane enough to spent 20$ on 3 commander models?
    drz1 and mered4 like this.
  18. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

So, played two galactic war matches, my units did not open fire on anything... Guess i do not have to find the proper attacking data cache and rather this is a bug, yes?
  19. zweistein000

Ok so before I go to bed a list of thighs I have found out:

-This build breaks a lot of mod, here's a list I had to disable:
    *Commander hud: Causes infinite generating planets bug
    *Hotbuild 2: It totally breaks he build bar PARTIALLY FIXED
    *linger: You can't exit the game after it's done IT'S OBSOLETE NOW
    *PA Stats online: breaks the start game button FIXED
    *include KO differed: creates an instant CTD when trying to generate and load planets I WAS WRONG, IT CAUSES NO ISSUES
    -This build did nothing to change the balance. Spam combat fabbers all the way
    -This build did not fix the missing mex icons bug
    -This build did however add the following things:
    *galactic war
    *GALACTIC WAR
    *Smaller north and no south pole icons
    *Custom commanders for buying
    *Redone build bar
    *Galactic War
    *UI improvements
    *Announcer - brace yourselves, bitching Betty is here
    *More alert messages, notably the scouting alerts
    *Economy scaling
    *Dynamic alliances and allied victory
    *Hotkeys, that differ quite a lot from Hotbuild
    *Galactic war
    -It does not add the unit cannon (Not I we expected that it would, but I think that somewhere in a thread it was mentioned as if it was added)
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  20. cola_colin

PA Stats has been fixed.
    KO deferred is how exactly broken?