The Galactic War Begins!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, May 22, 2014.

1. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

No, it's not neccessary, that's why the game got kickstarted. Do you really think that this is the only possibility to keep up money? NO. Of course not. Imagine how much money they made because of the early access people + the Kickstarter backers. They got the money and the micro transaction feature probably found its way into the game because of the current community itself. But you know. The majority doesn't like micro transactions. We've already seen some flame because of the expensive alpha, we'll see how this goes. We'll see, indeed.
    nawrot and bradaz85 like this.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If there is one thing I know about Uber from their past games, they seem to love living and thinking up lore for their Universe. Also since the systems are procedurally generated I wonder how many names and histories for planets and planet types they have so far?
    Gorbles and bradaz85 like this.
  3. Draighven

Draighven New Member

I have done this, Uninstalled PA restarted my entire computer Re-Installed PA and still have the crash. Getting a "Coherent UI" error
  4. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Downloaded no probs!

Be nice if my commander would do something though, respond to orders, build stuff etc etc!

Guess its my fault for living in europe and its not like we're gonna be getting to play on our computers till its done which is officially never it sounds like.

My fault for getting kickscammed I guess...
  5. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

This one? :eek:
    [​IMG]
  6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The UI seems to have some SERIOUS issues. UI2.png
  7. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ok trying ti now! yes uber im playing with 2GB ram :p first try it stayed at "rendering planets" do i disable all mods and going to test it now!
  8. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You really are naive. Kickstarter covered the costs of game development.

Post-release support is not game development.

How much do you know about the realities of software development? How do you know the "majority" don't like micro-transactions? Why do you think your opinion is more important than mine?
    drz1 likes this.
  9. Draighven

Draighven New Member

This one.

Attached Files:

10. galactuskahn

galactuskahn New Member

Well I got the patch and the galactic war to work, though I am wondering how much info from the server is needed if this is supposed to be a singleplayer mode.
  11. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

I am on one of my systems and can't move anymore. I think I have to start over a new GW. :(
  12. Kola2

Kola2 Member

I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!!!
    I AM SO SUPER EXICTED FOR THIS!
    SO EXISITED I CAN'T EVEN RWIGHT RIGHT!
    I'M ON THE TRAIN, TOOT TOOT!
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  13. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

are you seriously playing on a 4:3 monitor ? :p
  14. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I have no quams about the purchaseable commanders, its nice to make them available for everyone considering they were from the much higher tier kickstarters only, it wouldn't be fair to have them free after those that paid so much money to have a unique item. If you want them, then their there just have to pay a little bit for them, seems totally fair to me. As for the patch itself, I have a lot of un-responcive commands happening, clicking on units to move or attack and only half of them actually do anything at the moment, commanders and fabs building just fine ect.. but only half the units I'm selecting are doing anything in galactic war.

This could be because the server load is probably absolutely ridiculous right now. Wish it was offline lol... eventually I suppose :D
  15. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Well my old, good monitor crapped out on me and money is kind of less than abundant, so yeah :/
  16. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I started with degenerative download of doom, but a reboot fixed it. I have a superstition that Apple throttles network and eventually just crashes when they have a restart-required update they want me to install.
  17. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I don't understand the amount of vitriol for something purely cosmetic. A nominal price (I have no idea how much right now) for something that might make some people happy and will not effect other players in any way, is not harmful, and means Uber can use the money to continue to improve the game,

The Kickstarter was to get the game made. Everything after that is dependent on the future success of PA...and thus, financial returns.
  18. shootall

shootall Active Member

19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Loving all the new sounds/ui guys, much much better. performance seems better too.
    cola_colin and varrak like this.
  20. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

DAT FRIENDLY AI <3