Default build mode?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by patrickkidd, May 18, 2014.

1. patrickkidd

patrickkidd New Member

Is it possible to set the default build mode to continuous? It seems like a no-brainer since there isn't a single instance where I create a factory with a one-off queue.

Thanks!
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Currently I don't think there is a way. Maybe there's a mod I've missed? If not, this would be a pretty easy mod.

Uber has said eventually we'll have a setting to have the default to continuous.

I very much want this as I always turn on continuous build.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You'd probably only need to change a few words in some part of the code somewhere.

I'd check but ever since I got the new launcher I have no idea where my PA folder is.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Here, I think I'll give it a look.

Edit: Maybe it has to do with what makes anti-nukes auto-build?
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Well the anti nuke launcher and nuke launcher does this. So I imagine its an option in their json files. Don't have source in front of me so I can't tell the option.
  7. squishypon3

I tried to figure it out by copying the bit of code for the auto-build with the anti-nuke but it didn't work- it was in the correct part of the string from what I understand but meh..
  8. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

What was the option?
  9. squishypon3

I don't remember but it was afterthe "factory cool down time": 1, "factory": {(a bunch of code for what it auto builds, anti-nukes.) Then look for something like ,"set build mode": {continuous},

Or something like that...
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I have actually grown fond of getting factories without infinite build.

Because of the way it works.

I queue up the units the factory is generally responsible for, then hit infinite, then queue fabbers ahead of the set infinite when I need them.

However, every player must learn that the best way to manage eco in this game, is to set a factory to constantly spend eco whenever a factory is built. That way you don't have to make any guesses with your eco or worry too much that you have spare resources, if you build a factory every 4 mex and 5 pgen then your eco should be invested properly. Of course, you don't build a factory when you opt for a bulk build, such as a t2, and the huge t2 eco consumption may require you pausing other factories while in use and pausing t2 fact. as well when building t2 structures.
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

You may be surprised how many one off builds you do. I make loads. Mostly building t2 fabbers/ air fabbers or scout etc.