Crashes constantly when playing, sometimes even turns whole computer off

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Catagris, May 17, 2014.

1. Catagris

Catagris New Member

I seem to play fine for a good 30min then I crash or get disconnected and then when i reconnect it lasts a minute or two and then I get disconnected again. Sometimes the crash just turns my whole computer off with no warning. Here is my DxDiag.txt file is attached.

I hope this helps I would love to play but this really limits me.

Attached Files:

2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you actually get "PA.exe stopped working" error this will be useful if you can upload your log and crash dump, check for instructions here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/648814845443326834/

This mean you have some problem with hardware, e.g overheating. It's will be useful if you can check CPU/GPU temperature.
  3. Catagris

Catagris New Member

Here is the Logs. I will try and get heat readings but how? The computer crashes so there would be no way to read it. Also NO other game causes this or any other load I have put on it.

Attached Files:

4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No logs you uploaded there contain crashes. So if you get more crashes you can check for logs again later

Try CPU-Z and GPU-Z.

Run game in windowed mode as well as those utils and monitor temperature in real time.

If any application might cause PC to reboot it's always hardware/drivers issue. PA is pretty GPU-intensive so it's might trigger such behavior, but it's not any kind of game bug. If you didn't do that yet you might try to set "virtual texture" to "low" because it's most GPU-intensive option of this game.
  5. Catagris

Catagris New Member

It is weird because pre this update I never had any crashes or shutdowns. I got the error again to today. "PA.exe stopped responding" Here is the log. I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yeah this one have crash dump, can you please upload it here?
    C:\Users\William\AppData\Local\Temp\ea3dbf7d-4b68-4a4f-9692-79cee0640626.dmp
  7. Catagris

Catagris New Member

I would love to give the file but I can not upload it or post links let me try something...

sendspace(.)com/file/vx6rhz

Worked!
    SXX likes this.
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Oops, I should say you need to pack it into ZIP...
    Re-upload to make it a bit accessible for devs.

I'll send them request to check this one tomorrow.

Attached Files:

9. Catagris

Catagris New Member

Attached Files:

SXX likes this.
  10. Catagris

Catagris New Member

So is there anything I can do on my end?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Sorry that I didn't posted back. I'm asked dev about this one at Monday and this crash looks like pretty random one so it's looks like caused by environment (e.g overheating). So it's worth to check GPU/CPU temperature.

Possible you can get more crash dumps of different games and then I'll pass them to devs. If they'll have relations then possible it's actually something wrong with game.