Use the In-Game Community Mods - raevn's PA Mod Manager for Linux and Mac OS X is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, August 25, 2013.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, it seems I screwed up the binaries when releasing 4.0.0. I couldn't reproduce your bug in my version, but when I tried the binaries I put up in this thread, then sure enough... Anyway, fixed now.
    wondible likes this.
  2. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature New Member

Hey, great work with the port! Two small criticisms.
    First, could you please add a setting to use system colors? On the default KDE theme (I assume you use a dark one), PAMM looks like this: i.imgur.com/MGmmVeI.png (I can't post links yet).
    I chose to believe that you did not intend PAMM to be white on light grey. :)
    Second, could you please not put release binaries in the Github repo? When I clone the repo, I have to duplicate every historical binary in it, which is mostly a pointless waste of bandwidth (especially considering that the binaries can be easily reconstructed from the source). Github has a Releases feature (google "github releases") that might offer a better option for distributing binaries.
    That said, thanks again for your port!
    Last edited: March 23, 2014
  3. DeathByDenim

Ah, you seem to be missing the background pictures. There is an img-directory that comes with the executable. They are all included in the zip in the first post of this thread. If you have that, then it should look ok.
    Yeah, that's me being lazy since I use GitHub to copy the executable between Mac and Linux. I didn't realize other were cloning pamm from GitHub. :)
    I'll use the releases from now on then.
  4. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature New Member

Oh, thanks! I completely forgot about those; it works now. I went ahead and changed it to search /usr/share/pamm/img for images too. :)
    Thanks a bunch!
  5. DeathByDenim

Yeah, there is a way one can include the images into the executable itself using Qt4. I should probably look into that. :)
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I'd like to see a color adjustment. The blue mod titles are hard to see on black, and then when f.lux kicks in they are actually invisible.
  7. DeathByDenim

Sure, I can make them big and white as they are in raevn's version now.
    Is the teal stuff that's used in the tab headers ok though?
  8. wondible

You mean "News" and co? Never noticed an issue, but I'm mainly in Installed mods toggling things, and with three options it's not too hard to find by trial and error anyway. With mods I often have a dev version and release version which look the same except for the title. Also, I can barely see the unlinked mod titles, so they are still somewhat visible.
  9. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

It's always comforting to know that I'm not alone. :)
  10. wondible

Here's a fun one: The new version of blackscreen fix went from shadowing common.js to an explicitly loaded file. But I've still got the old override files (and the alpha version for that matter) in my local mod directory. Even though the mod no longer shadows, I would end up with a shadowed file when it's enabled which I'm sure would cause all kinds of hair-pulling when the next build comes out. You might need to remove the mod directory when upgrading mods to account for removed files.
  11. DeathByDenim

Oh, oops. Yeah, I guess it doesn't do that. I never saw the need to do that since I implemented it before shadowing existed and who cares about a few unused JavaScript files. But with the shadowing capability involved, there are obviously issues. Thanks!
  12. mooncrasher

mooncrasher New Member

Sorry to say, I'm running into a bit of a problem. Using PA Stats is causing my PA to get stuck at the "generating planets" screen. I set up a lobby, load an AI into it and hit "start". The planet loads and a half second later goes to the "generating planets" overlay. The system loaded, I was able to see it for a second before the other screen took over.

I am Ubuntu 14.04, using the PAMM modd manager. As soon as I disable PA stats, everything goes back to normal but I can't enable it and play. Any suggestions?
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Are you sure PA Stats is causing that and not commander hp?
    If you are sure you need to figure out how to start the ui debugger on linux and tell me what the debugger logs shows. There has to be something wrong. But I have no idea why you should be the only person who gets an error like that because of PA Stats.
  14. mooncrasher

mooncrasher New Member

It appears to be something to do with the combination of comm HP and PA stats. I can do either one of them alone but not together. Easy enough to turn one off. Thanks for the support and the fantastic mod!

Hope you don't mind the report here. I assumed it was a linux thing to start with!
  15. cola_colin

commander hp is broken since ages. Do not use it
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

17. cola_colin

Yeah sure, I even checked if he already released it. But not yet, so using commander hp right now is bound to break.
    Raevn likes this.
  18. Kola2

Kola2 Member

I can't seem to get this to work, i can perfectly open PAMM, but for some reason when i hit Launch PA nothing happens.
  19. cola_colin

Launch PA is not that important. You can start PA in the normal way. As long as you can install and enable/disable mods you are fine.
  20. Kola2

Kola2 Member

Ah, okay thanks.