Plans after PA and Toy Rush?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by websterx01, May 4, 2014.

1. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I'm curious, with both Toy Rush (Near release?) and PA almost finished, what plans do you guys have for making games, or anything at all? More kick-starters? Because now I have a job! ;)

Edit (Just for you @cola_colin ): PA is almost "Finished." :)
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    DeadStretch likes this.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

There is a conspiracy theory thread (somewhere I can't find atm) that is about MNC2 due to a new forum section being made and for a very short time being public.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

lies
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Hoping for MNC2 on PS4/XB1/PC.

Things got rough between MS and Uber, so XB1 may or may not happen.
    But it would be a shame to lose out on that market share.

Would be great if Uber made another successful Kickstarter for it.
  5. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

I'm going to wonder what MNC2 looks like on the PA engine :p
  6. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

FTFY

Anyway, I really hope they will release a new MNC, and that it will have mod support straight away, like PA.
  7. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Come on PA expansion pack :p I'd be cool with an expansion pack every few years, major additions to the engine to be able to do things that are just not possible with the previous version. Call it PA2 or an expansion pack, it's all good.
  8. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

Why would PA need expansions? It is the perfect game for mods.
  9. cola_colin

And it still misses a million things to make it really perfect for them. Things we will get in the future. I really don't see Uber stopping work on PA for many many month to come.
  10. DeadStretch

Yeah once PA is 1.0 Official Released that is just the beginning of their support cycle.
  11. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

Replace PA with SMNC and you have the status quo of 2012.
  12. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

hasn't PA support already lasted longer than SMNC at this point?
  13. cola_colin

SMNC never had a successful KS though. Dunno about sales, but from how it looks SMNC was rather bad.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

SMNC was actually a great game but lack of updates and support killed it. I see a lot of reviews on it about people talking about how nice it was until now... It's completely dead 50 player max every day.

Also, PA will continue development even after release; it'll keep being updated, I really hope Uber follows through with that promise this time... Though I don't hold any grudge against them, and in fact am very impressed by them! I have never even played SMNC to be honest so no hard feelings within me what so ever. :D
  15. DeadStretch

Actually it was the lack of funds that "killed it." It's kinda hard to support a game that doesn't make money. SMNC lack of updates and support? Name me one game that got weekly content updates?
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't really know much about the game myself to be completely honest. This is just the stuff I've heard from people who played the game before it died. Apparently they were promised updates to happen often. I read the whole thing on its lack of funding; don't worry I'm no where against what happened and I understand Uber had a LOT of financial troubles. Sorry if it came off as biased, guess I'm getting biased sources. :p
  17. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it's actually really difficult to find unbiased sources for SMNC. The people that really know the ends and outs of SMNC are either the type of people that love Uber no matter what or people are negative towards Uber no matter what....not much of a neutral ground now.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  18. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

There's a lot of stuff that might have been what killed SMNC because a lot of things happened. I personally feel like it was the accidental early release on Steam while there were still so many problems that was the major tipping point, but it was really a slow burn.
  19. terriblemarksman

terriblemarksman Member

So MNC2 might happen? Yes! I just hope that it will be as fun or even more as SMNC was. Loved that game, still do. Just do it right Uber. I have an idea of how MNC2 could look like, but I don`t know if I`ll say it. Maybe someday when we`ll get some news on this.

P.S. Can I get in the 1st wave of alpha/beta keys? Please? ;)
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Yeah, I talk to Squishy all the time. He tells me he hears the game doesn't function anymore and wasn't properly finished, yet I tell him I am going to hop in a game of it right now and that it works fine if you have the balls to adapt to a difficult moba.