King Of The Planet Series - Sunday May 4, 17:00 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cptconundrum, May 3, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

In Week 3 of this series Matiz defended his title against Gandalf with a 3-0 victory!

We took a break last week for the Supernova Showdown, but Matiz is back this week to face an old rival. Our glorious king originally earned his title by defeating Godde 3-0 in a controversial game that included a number of issues with spawns. This Sunday, we're giving Godde another chance to prove himself!

In week 4 of this series, ZaphodX will be streaming a best-of-five between King of the Planet Matiz and the challenger Godde at 17:00 UTC on Sunday, 4th May.

Will Godde be able to finally give us a new king and make PA history, or will we see a repeat of the last time these two legendary players faced each other? There's even still a chance that the new balance will be pushed to the stable branch today and both players will be forced to learn the game all over again while we watch!

This, and all future King of the Planet games, will be streaming on the King of the Planet channel, so make sure to follow us to get notified of when the action starts. Or if you prefer, get your notification via Twitter.

Recordings of games will be uploaded both to ZaphodX's channel as well as the King of the Planet YouTube account, where we will be collecting all of the action.

To make sure you don't miss any future King of the Planet games, follow us on Facebook, Google+ or the PA Tournaments Steam group where we'll post details on any scheduled events.

This week's game will use the same rules as last time. Quitch has taken a lot of time working out a clear and fair format for the series, so feel free to take a look.

Want to challenge the king? Drop me and @Quitch a PM and we'll do the rest. Games are generally each Sunday, 1700 UTC.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. cptconundrum

Sorry for the late notice, everyone. Some of the details of this week's event took a lot longer than expected to work out.
    Quitch likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I go on holiday for just one week... :p
  4. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

3-0
    Clopse likes this.
  5. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

It's all good and looking forward to see the matches.

You're surely aware of it, but I remind it just in case. There are lot of skilled players (like we saw the other weekend during the Supernova Showdown) so I think that it would be nice to have this series of events opening up to them as well.

Thanks for organizing the event so frequently, anyway. It's cool to watch and a great opportunity for learning and getting inspired.
    Quitch likes this.
  6. Quitch

We intend to widen the field, it's just that with my being on holiday and Captain being caught up in sorting out his mods for Showdown, there hasn't been a lot of time to sort anything out so we thought we'd give Godde another chance to play Matiz now we have some solid rules in place.

Expect someone new next time.
    matizpl likes this.
  7. cptconundrum

There were actually a number of people we preferred to have play, but a lot of people are busy this week. Nothing against Godde at all - I actually think it's great that we get to see this rematch. The plan was just not to bring back a repeat challenger so soon.

We'll get things back on track again after this now that Quitch is back from his vacation. Once players finish school exams, there will be a lot more people ready to challenge. Maybe they will even get to challenge Godde, instead!

I'm really happy right now with the players we have for this week though. Godde is an excellent player and deserves another chance at taking down that big bully who calls himself the King. :p
    Quitch likes this.
  8. Quitch

I think Matiz has started calling himself emperor.
    FSN1977 and carlorizzante like this.
  9. cptconundrum

10. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Do the players choose the planets?
  11. Geers

Geers Post Master General

So it can't be a queen? I DEMAND EQUALITY.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

Challenger chooses first, and then each round after that will have the planet decided by the loser from the previous round. Maps have to be single-planet systems with a radius of 375-1050.

Each player can call one rehost in the game, but only if they didn't choose the map. A player calling for a rehost can either ask to use the same map or request that a new one be chosen by the other player.
    Martenus likes this.
  13. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Any dual cast? Or is it only Zaphodx who'll be casting?
  14. cptconundrum

We weren't sure so we didn't announce it, but @thesambasti is also casting.
  15. cptconundrum

16. Quitch

We'd happily crown them queen if requested.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

That was a pretty awesome game. Loved the last naval battle!
  18. cptconundrum

Godde is losing 2-1, but his map choices have been amazing!
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Nice job Matiz, winning 3-1!

Those maps were... words cannot describe...
    cptconundrum and ArchieBuld like this.
  20. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Fun to see different kinda maps :)
    proeleert and cptconundrum like this.