Why I dislike Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by hallis68, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

That's true, but again, your assumptions are wrong.

That's not because you have shields that you have a defensive game.

Actually, shields are there because attacking is so effective.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

exactly.

plus I don't even understand what's so infuriating? once you wrap your head around what's going on all it represents is less clicks and less tedious micro. I can't see what is so difficult. explain ? :(
    again, if you play the game against anything other than AI you will be hard pressed, and by hard pressed I mean HARD PRESSED to make a defensive strat get you a win.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you can´t turn that stuff off in ladder, can you?
  4. tatsujb

no but you can always play the vanilla option in FaF.
  5. MrTBSC

then i´ll pass, i play games how they are supposed to be played with any content available as long as there isn´t a feature i severly dislike which with those HQ´s there is ...
  6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Really getting annoyed of people just making accounts for the sole purpose of complaining about the game.

From the OP it seams like he at least has a valid reason but still. Really?
    FSN1977 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

the content IS available, It think you left out in your sentence that you were unwilling to play without ranking.

plus you didn't even explain yourself é_è wth, man? :
    given that even with ranking and engi mod on you have the choice between the two nobody here can understand your issue.
  8. hallis68

hallis68 New Member

Well at the moment I do not like the game, but I would REALLY want to have my opinion changed by you guys somehow. I think the same goes for most people that do this, instead of just giving up on a game they could potentially love, they present their problems to the community to see what they think about it.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Gotta start somewhere.
  10. MrTBSC

you said before that it can not be turned of in ladder games ...
    and i did explain myself ... i like to play my matches with every content that´s supposed to be in ( it is not about the ranking) in other words
    i will play with nukes always on f.e. i do not care if others don´t like nukes ...
    however HQ´s is the very feature/content i dislike that it alienated the game for me ... it just feels totaly arbitrary and mechanicly ... it doesn´t feel like it belongs into the game AT ALL ...

i could turn it off but then i wouldn´t play the maingame how it were supposed to, no? ...
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

From the points you raised in your OP, I can tell you that I personally know people who are planning to mod in both of the features you mentioned specifically, and there will be so many more besides.

PA is being built around moddability - there will be a game-mode for probably everyone.
    corruptai and carlorizzante like this.
  12. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

This game is not a complete wreck like Diablo 3, why all the hate threads all of a sudden?
    Well it is getting attention and is on the first page, I guess I answered my own question.

Modders will have access to the engine post release, so it will be likely that I will be able to play TA and you will be able to play SC with the PA engine given there is enough interest. PA is a different animal than these two games, my play style does not work with PA so I am slowly adjusting it. You will have to do the same or wait until release and join the modding community.
  13. tatsujb

you can't keep others from using it in ladder games but you can turn it off for yourself and you won't suffer any penalties from it since the two are balanced.
    no that's not what we mean by turn off, it's a UI option to turn it off, you won't see it anymore in your UI so it won't bother you.

and I don't get why everything else is okay but Engy Mod is not. It's more in the TA - Supcom spirit that even what Chris Taylor could manage. He probably would have come up with the idea himself, if he's worked longer on the game after it's release.
  14. MrTBSC

why do you care about me disliking a specific feaure? it´s not like you would convince me otherwise
    and no i totaly disagree it doens´t feel like beeing in the spirit of supcom and especialy TA ... AT ALL
  15. tatsujb

Oh believe me, I know ^^, but no this is me trying to keep you from spreading falsehoods. If I post here then another guy coming along and reading the thread will get to see both points of view and make up his own damn mind.

I'm simply afraid someone would come along and take your word for granted. ^^
    you claim many things about FaF which I would rather not remain unresolved and left as is.

and If you don't like Engie Mod, that's fine, believe me you're not alone. You should have seen FaF main chatroom during the months it was being put on trial period with the inherent notion that it would become stock.

That doesn't change the fact that you are in no way obligated to use it, or otherwise be confronted with it in your UI at all. the two methods are balanced to be equally valid. there is literally no point raging and whining about it.
  16. MrTBSC

there was no raging or whining ... i just stated what i dislike about current FAF and that is the factory HQ´s of the engymod ... and then you made a bigger thing out of it ... also there is no falsehood in liking or disliking something
    and you don´t save people from being missinformed by basicly censoring me ...
    i don´t care about others for when they can not do research on there own ...
    if they take my opinion as set in stone information then its their own fault for not doing further research
    research is not reading or hearing "x is BS or FRIGGIN AWESOME" research is reading "x does work like this and helps you do y and z but may cause a and b or c "
    if people don´t look that up and/or test it ... not my problem
    i did and i am not happy with it, done!
  17. tatsujb

alright, well to the others that read this thread the answer is stated above, in fact not only there but multiple times :
    It got edited out of the last post just wanted that to remain clear even if some like to play deaf.
  18. perecil

perecil Active Member

To the original poster: I was advocating the use of shields... and reverted my mind about it. Uber were/are right about them: shields are the one-fits-them-all response to all threats and don't encourage fights. In supcom, I was turtling like hell, stacking shields as there was no tomorrow. And I started playing PA. And I adapted. I play more agressively now.

For experimental units, I never liked them: even when I turtled in supcom, I was more relying on T3 units than experimentals for only one reason: they adapt better to the situation and they doesn't have a big "kick me" painted on their butt. :D
  19. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

Those were from a year ago, a lot has changed and some ideas have been scrapped since then.
  20. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Reading through those comment sections...

This one made me chuckle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.