[Discontinued] KNight's Unit Design Thread

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by KNight, August 20, 2012.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Uhh, the Thunderbolt looks so nice. But indeed all the designs are pretty interesting. Cool stuffs!
  2. carlorizzante

Reminds me vaguely of BattleTech, first editions.
  3. thatweirdguy

thatweirdguy New Member

I gotta agree with whoever mentioned it before, those fins seem a bit unnecessary.

'Course, nothing stops you from just ignoring me. Your bot to fiddle with.
  4. comham

comham Active Member

Gotta say, I prefer it without the shoulder launchers.

As a mild request, maybe try a bot designed around one asymmetrical shoulder launcher?
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

A bazookastyle tacmissilebot? Hmmmm
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Did a bit of work on my Vanguard;

[​IMG]

Nice and Beefy eh?

Mike
    MrTBSC and emraldis like this.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Now thats quite the tank
  8. Nightovizard

Nightovizard Member

9. carlorizzante

This is an air unit I personally miss very much in game. Looks brilliant.
  10. KNight

I haven't mentioned this here yet surprisingly, but for those with access to the Backer's Lounge I've starting working on the design for my 1K Custom Commander right over here, I'm going into some real depth, and trying to share as much of the process, including lots of my thoughts as well. It's not quite the same process as the other 1k backers are getting, but it should give some ideas of what it's like at least.

If you don't have access to the Backer's Lounge don't worry, once it's done I'll definitely be sharing it out here in General Discussion so everyone can see it, hopefully I'll be able to just get teh whole thread moved but we'll see. In the meantime, here's a Teaser;
    [​IMG]

Mike
    kalherine likes this.
  11. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

This could also be used as a type of highly inaccurate short range rapid-fire cluster munition artillery against land.
  12. KNight

I know things have been pretty quiet out here, most of my spare time has been sunk into my Custom Commander so I haven't really worked on many units lately.

But I did just get an idea for a neat unit concept so I'll just jot it down here so I don't forget;

A tough unit that has no direct weaponry but at set intervals will stun/EMP units for a set amount of time within a set distance.

Mike
  13. KNight

Hey guys, back again with another plug for my Custom Commander stuff. I recently "finished" the first potential variant for my Custom Commander and just started work on a new one, here is a quick preview;

[​IMG]

This one is a little bit different from the last one! ;p

I haven't organized the first post yet but for now you can check out the initial write up for this new variant here!

Mike
  14. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

Man if only there was a thread that I could go to that showcased knights custom commander adventure....

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/knights-custom-commander-adventure.57762/page-8

I find self bumps amusing :)
  15. KNight

What was wrong with the link I provided?

Mike
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oops, I hadn't realized someone remade the model; I ended up rigging the whole original one... A lot of wasted time it seems... :D
  17. KNight

Well that was a year and half ago, it's not exactly what I'd call game ready nor is it a perfect recreation either. I have talked about maybe re-imagining the Pre-Viz commander using the new rigs and aesthetics that have developed in the last couple of years.

Mike
  18. squishypon3

You can use mine if you'd like, I'm going to have to repost my link though because I accidentally missed something while rigging. (Then again the model is filled with a million faces and so has a lot of triangles that aren't even visible...)

Edit: Woops, sorry you said you'd like to "re-imagine" it, put your own spin on it I'd imagine? I'm still waiting on the eventual blender -> papa exporter so I can make a mod for it. :D
  19. KNight

Not really, it's like I said, it needs to fit the new rigs and PA's aesthetic, while still mostly being the same as 2 years ago, has evolved somewhat.

Mike
  20. squishypon3

Actually, the rig does fit the Imperial Commander rig. That's the rig I used for it, really the proportions don't fit but it does use the rig for motion and such and works fine with it. :p

Edit: (Took me around 6 hours to rig it fully... though with a few breaks.)
    Last edited: May 9, 2014