Anybody want soma dat Brad Nicholson Day?!? NOW TWO VIDS !!

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by tatsujb, April 30, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

1080p pristine quality, the unencoded file was 32 gigs, encoded was nearly 4 gigs. please appreciate how excruciatingly tough it is to upload this kind of file size to youtube TT_TT

Brand Nicholson Day 2 (not-so pristine quality but 1080p fixed missing cursor and audio, didn't put music tell me which format you guys prefer.) enjoy!:

Important note to Devs :

both videos show a number of bugs, notably : http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3405
    and : http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&action=details.addvote&task_id=3406
    Last edited: April 30, 2014
    FSN1977 and BradNicholson like this.
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

This video is private. Sorry about that.
  3. tatsujb

good catch! now it's fixed.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Quality is notably 360p as well, with no option to increase.

Motivational music, though :D
  5. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

YES! NOW YOU CAN SEE MY COMPLETE DOMINATION OF EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET.
    stuart98, tatsujb and Gorbles like this.
  6. tatsujb

It says in the OP it's still processing, considering it's 4gigs, there's still some time ^^ please be patient.
    Gorbles likes this.
  7. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

[​IMG]
    Sure Brad.. tell me more
    thetrophysystem and stuart98 like this.
  8. tatsujb

EDIT : snip.
    Last edited: April 30, 2014
  9. tohron

tohron Active Member

Now I'm wondering: why did you never look at the 'roid?
  10. tatsujb

roid?
  11. tohron

tohron Active Member

The moon in Zaphod system. I colonized it early in the game, and from what I could see, you never even looked at it throughout the entire video.
  12. tatsujb

no need. I knew others would be on the other systems, but seeing how many people were on this planet my primary objective was making it mine.

I took way too long to realise it was mine and transition into orbital, I should have build orbital in anticipation to keep you (or someone else) from gating in.

Btw did you win?
  13. tohron

tohron Active Member

Yep, smashed the lava planet a few minutes later. A power stall while making the Halleys cost my Catapult its radar vision, so TrophySystem was able to get a tele up, but the moon was launched before he could destroy them.
  14. tatsujb

hehe, yea, from the eco count I could tell it would be a close match between you two.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I covered that in gil-e death army, purged the surface...

...just to learn it was falling into my own planet.

Why I didn't have an astraeus prebuilt already, didn't think I needed one at first and didn't look at my orbital launcher for last 5 minutes of game. I had one building, almost done when smashed, needed at least another minute to load and hop.

After that, I would have had a disadvantage anyway, so gg. Had I been REALLY early, I could have colonized that planet with the few fabbers I sent with the gil-e through the gate. I think I just needed to be a minute early to have stopped that halley build, shame I play so lax lol.

Well, you never get better without learning to watch multiple fronts at once or learning to hurry better. Was a good game, one where you learn a lesson or lose to a KEW is always a good one.
  16. tohron

tohron Active Member

As for me, I learned that a Catapult with radar is not a reliable way to protect even a size-1 moon in the lategame. Now I always make sure to have massive hordes of Kestrels patrolling all my planets, to the point where even a mass Astraeus drop is insufficient to secure a beachead.
  17. thetrophysystem

Eh, catapult failed, kestrels stockpile more and more automatically is their jewel moment. However they also fail technically albeit better.

The thing is, 10 orbital fabbers pretty much instant-build a teleporter, 2 screens at once links them instantly, a prequeued army of 50+ stingers floods out and starts to fight them back, 5 advanced bot fabbers can then errect 4 flak at the corners and then double and triple them up. If you can get 50 gil-e out during the shitstorm, and give them an area patrol command, they may or may not clear the whole planet but will do damage.

The trick to all of that is also to do it in a minute or when the enemy reacts with a nuke. You need to get them all away from the teleporter in multiple directions so they can't be nuked as a whole (4 nukes does make it a problem though but its pretty big to cost the enemy 4 nukes). Remember, if you keep more produced, just drop another teleporter unless they react to your orbital before reacting to the teleporter, which gives you time to expand.
  18. tatsujb

btw, small parentheses and small poll here

did you guys complete either of the videos?

did you like overall either one?

what bits did you dislike?

what bits did you like?

what could I improove?

considering I'm making baby steps in the world of POVS

and that I hope to cast I'd like to have some guiding input.
  19. thetrophysystem

Your style is speed bulk placement of building, which is efficient albeit hastly placed because you do it fast. That being said, you are decent to watch if you were to stream, no complaints here.

You are a bit cookie cutter but that is standard. I am too without literally having walls, so basically I place my stuff slower and build it faster and I build the line farther out to annex and I proxy, but I still cookiecutter expand over metal and power.

Matter of fact, that very game, I had a cookie cutter build around the openings of the mountains I spawned inside of, then I annexed a nearby metal field. I built turrets along the right side, then the top, RIGHT when pink entered with just fabbers to build in it, the turrets cleared his entrance up, then the last side, then cleared inside of it, while I built over his failed expansion. It was GREAT luck I had enclosed it around his expansion, he lost the metal and I gained it. LITERALLY, pink had gil-e same time I did and if I didn't have more he would have been left in the game with the KEW Winner instead. Wish THAT was recorded, I should go fetch the replay.

EDIT: Am I missing something? That game shows up as a gap between my recent games, and in fact I can't look it up even if I search for it under him and everything, I can't find any games searching for "BradNicholson"...
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  20. tatsujb

oh that?
    I don't really know what took me, that's the first time I ever did it, I was experimenting, but in retrospect I shouldn't have.

Ye Maybe I should give it a cast try.

What about the video style^^

answer my questions already! :p