Steam Early Access; No Alpha/Progenitor.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, April 24, 2014.

?

Is the lack of bonuses fair for Steam Early Access players fair?

1. Yes.

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Note, if you are going to vote please read through the entire discussion first, you might not have the full story.

Thank you :)

Okay, did anyone know if you paid for the game through Steam Early Access you don't get the same bonuses people at the Uber store got? I am not allowed to have Alpha nor Progenitor even though I paid the 90$ and participated in Alpha. Now, I really like Uber and think they're making a great game but I can't help but feel cheated... I'm not mad just- very disappointed. I had been hoping for the day I'd get to play when the game was released and be like "Yes, I played alpha, here's the commander" basically a bit of bragging rights and pride. I just can't really understand why I shouldn't have those because I chose a different place to buy the game... Does any one feel this is fair, unfair?

Edit: I'm sorry for the typo in the question, I meant to say "Does anyone find the lack of bonuses for Steam Early Access players fair?"
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
  2. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Complicate topic. In general I agree with you. There are things that Uber could have done better.

Nevertheless, in the specific, Commanders' skins do not affect the game play. It's just cosmetics.
  3. squishypon3

Yes but I actually care about it. It's something to show for the money I paid and the hours I've put in. I just feel hugely disappointed to losing them both... it may seem silly but I mean, imagine if all those people who spent 200$ didn't get Delta? The 1000$ didn't get the custom commander! They'd be pretty annoyed too...
    carlorizzante and tristanlorius like this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Steam Early Access players do get bonus stuff though. If you don't have certain Commanders, then you should contact support. You should have both of those Commanders if I remember correctly.

At any rate. People who backed the game on Kickstarter and whatnot get some non-gameplay altering visuals to show off how they helped make the game happen.

It's just a, "look – I am one of the original founders of PA." That's all.

It's just a visual.

If the early backer Commanders were more powerful, then I'd definitely think it wasn't fair.
  5. squishypon3

I did, they told me Steam early access does NOT get the commanders; I can even give you what support told me if you like.
  6. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Indeed, with all those Commanders around, Uber could release one more just for the Early Access on Steam.

The Steam Commander, snorting steam from its nostrils, so that it will always be surrounded by a dense fog of angryness. I would use it. It would fit me perfectly :p
  7. brianpurkiss

Wtf? Um. Something's wrong.

Because people who buy the game on Steam do indeed get Commanders. I can't remember which Commanders, but they do get Commanders.
  8. squishypon3

You see, she even responded giving further validation I do not get the commanders. :/
  9. brianpurkiss

Ah. That's what's going on. Now that we're in Gamma, certain Commanders are only available to those who backed during Kickstarter/Alpha/Beta.

If you want Commanders, you have to pay more than just the bottom level.

So the only reason why you can't get commanders is because you can't upgrade your package because you bought it through Steam.
  10. squishypon3

Sorry? I didn't pay the bottom level, I bought the game for ninety dollars back when Alpha was available on Steam Early Access. I even have the files to prove it, one of the builds from Alpha that I left on my computer because the steam version wasn't working and I used the Uber launcher for a while before switching back; it contains files from Alpha. (Also I could probably find it on my transaction list on Steam I believe; dated.

Edit: Okay, apparently it didn't double post?
  11. tilen

tilen Member

It is fair. The people that supported early get their due reward. And I'm not even one of them.
  12. squishypon3

No, you don't understand, people who bought it on their website at the same moment I bought it on steam were given the bonuses while I was not. Let's say we both bought the game at the same time, same price. Should we not get the same content? Of course we should! I bought the game in Alpha, In my opinion I deserve what you get for paying for Alpha.
    bradaz85 and carlorizzante like this.
  13. tilen

tilen Member

Oh that's what it's about. Yeah, sure. Then I guess you're right. Please forgive me for not reading thoroughly.
  14. squishypon3

Don't worry, everyone does it from time to time! :)
    bradaz85 and tilen like this.
  15. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

I completely agree, since I paid 90 dollars towards this game through steam, I should be getting the exact same bonuses as people that paid through the Uber Store
  16. tilen

tilen Member

Oh but then I just remembered something: If you buy through the Uber store, the money goes directly to them, whereas through Steam a portion of the proceeds go to Valve.

Perhaps that had something to do with it. I remember reading somewhere, and if memory serves it was official, that purchasing through the Uber store is more beneficial to Uber for that very same reason.
  17. squishypon3

Well I hadn't thought anything about it when I bought it on Steam, I still feel a little cheated. Apparently all steam versions, no matter price, all got the same rewards. That feels unfair to me. Why did I even buy the game? (Implying I didn't have a bunch of fun during Alpha and Beta, though I did.), it just feels unfair.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  18. brianpurkiss

If you bought the game for $90 from early Alpha, then you should have those Commanders even though you bought it on Steam.
  19. squishypon3

Apparently not, both support and asking one of the devs here in the forums gave me the answer that Steam is a different version altogether, it has it's own rewards. Price doesn't matter.

20. squishypon3

Ah so I see I'm not the only person with this problem? I hope they could make some sort of exception, I mean, as people said "It's just a commander" there should be no problem, and we DID pay the price for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.