LiveStream Questions for 4/24/2014

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, April 23, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You had to have been one of the winners for the "Battle of the Beasts" tournament.
  2. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I think the beaat commander was the prize for the beast tournament sponsored by uber a few weeks ago.
  3. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

What are your thoughts on the state of strategic icons?

What sorts of plans do you have in terms of making team colors more distinctive (and keeping them distinctive once there are 40 players)?

How are asteroid belts coming along?
    tollman, stonewood1612 and tatsujb like this.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

shootall likes this.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

for Mavor (or Garat): What is one cool thing that is coming down the development pipeline and why are you excited about it?
    Brad can answer this too.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  6. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Do I have to keep my secondary colour mod updated, or is secondary colour selection coming back again soon? ;) Meta hinted a drop down/selector would be better than cycling, and I'd agree.

Brad what are you doing to get the old Dox back in the game?

When am I getting my PA t-shirts?
  7. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

When will scathis stop trolling us with the ant
    wpmarshall and LavaSnake like this.
  8. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Will the steam version of PA be getting access to the expimental builds if they are released???
  9. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Steam users can still download that launcher, right?
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  10. tehtrekd

Oh, also, is the soundtrack almost ready for release?
  11. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Ok let me rephrase the question will the uber launcher be installed automatically with the steam version
    Quitch likes this.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

For the Balance Team Bonanza:
    In your view of the game, should T1 units be able to kill commanders in the early-mid stage of the game? That is, the stage where you would start going t2 in a *non-rush, non-zerg* strategy.
  13. tohron

tohron Active Member

Have you guys spent much time brainstorming additional orbital assault methods against fortified planets? Asteroid smashes are cool, but a lot of people would like to see options where combat units actually play some sort of role.
    fajitas23 likes this.
  14. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Yup! Godde and Giggle have it.
  15. JWest

JWest Active Member

Are gas giants still on their way, and what role will they play? (I've been a tad out of the loop on this, someone feel free to correct me if this has been answered already)
  16. tehtrekd

They're definitely still on way (being a stretch goal and all) and the roll they'll play are basically you'll be able to place gas miners on them and they'll turn the gas into energy.
    So they'll basically be super big energy producers.
  17. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Man, I can barely think of any questions that I want to ask that I haven't already received a direct response from Uber staff on. :confused: That's seriously amazing.

I guess one that I can ask is this:

The brushes used for craters for example end very abruptly and rarely blend well into the surrounding terrain.
    Paappa likes this.
  18. clammet

clammet New Member

If this is related to "Galactic War" then nevermind, but...

Question: How is the progress towards your "a million units in a game" goal going (I understand this was a loose design goal and not a strict one,) and what future plans do you have towards that end, if any? Do you think you'll reach it?

Thanks.
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The AI currently uses the Beast commander. Will this feature remain? Will it use the other unique backer commanders?

Are there any features that you included, or promised to include, that looking back appear to be a mistake or would have been promised differently?

Is pathfinding likely to be able to handle the terrain features, or will the terrain be changing to work with the pathfinding? I'm thinking primarily desert planet features.

How do you feel the heavy community involvement has worked on on balance? What have been the pros and cons?

Is Brad going to sort his hair out and get rid of whatever that flat nastiness he's been wielding lately is?

Do you have plans for a more in-depth tutorial? Interactive or video?

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...n-the-armory-sic-where-did-my-delta-go.57407/
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
    thelordofthenoobs and Paappa like this.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Can we expect more variations in biomes (height,ramps) for release v1.0 ? Do you have some stuff in progress regarding this specific topic ?