1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Anyone notice how Brad's like/post ratio is 4? Literally. 4. 4 likes per post on average. This post has 15 likes?

Posts like this is probably why that is.

Also, here is my speculation on what happened:

Brad- Hey, the dev team has been busy with Pax lately, and over the last week, the forum community is complaining about not having any released information or updates or patches.
    Neutrino- *sigh* post a picture of the burning trees in-game...
    Brad- Yeah, that should pretty much end that...

And here we are. I understood the silence around Pax time, but this should definitely flip that back off and out of here.
  3. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The effects right now are basically just the Inferno effects pointed up, with minor modifications. They will change.
  4. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

It was a hard won capture of the Marshmallow commander, in it's natural element. While the other commanders fight brutal, system-wide battles towards the goal of utter galactic dominance, Marshmallow commanders single objective is the efficient conversion of fresh, supple marshmallows into soft, gooey deliciousness. Occasionally he also makes s'mores.
    Last edited: April 18, 2014
    corteks, cdrkf, meir22344 and 8 others like this.
  5. al3xtec

al3xtec Member

Glorious! I remember loosing so many pewees to burning forests in TA.
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

My question, can we have a a single tree with infinite 'health' which my commander can uproot and wear on his head as a hat?
    inb4 microtreensactions
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Marshmallow commander? Are you sure it's not Marshrouman?
    LavaSnake and wpmarshall like this.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Balance Comment: I think 1/3 a dox or bot-fab's health is a fair damage that should come from fire. That more than softens them up for a scout to kill them. Or maybe reduce their health TO 1/3, leaving them alive but allowing anything to kill them first-contact.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Marshmallow Commander? I need. (By the way, for reference, Marshmallow Vinyl is my in-game name and Squishypon3 comes from that <3 )
    melhem19 likes this.
  10. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

burn baby burn
    cptconundrum likes this.
  11. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Oh great. Another thing to kill my CPU and fill up my RAM XD.
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This is all part of the same set of systems work. Destruction, pathing, collision, etc. The first pass of all this work should see most of these come online. It's a surprisingly complex amount of systems work for something that just seems like "Shoot trees, they burn, right?".

This will be:
    • Pathing / Collision
    • Making sure the recon system accounts for them
    • Destruction of them, including burning
    We also have to decide how we want to handle commander landing. If you have to spend the first 30 seconds clearing out trees, it puts you at a bit of a competitive disadvantage. :)
    corteks, eroticburrito, cdrkf and 9 others like this.
  13. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Just imagine how amazing a nuclear explosion will be when it starts a forest fire that devours an entire continent!

Mwahahahahaha!
    Last edited: April 20, 2014
  14. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

then maybe make the comm landing in a fiery ball that automatically makes a large crater and clears the area of all trees.( or just make afterburners on the comm and have it incinerate all of them with no crater)
    corteks and eroticburrito like this.
  15. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

:)
    So what you are saying is that the Marshmellow commander wood form a peace treety with other commanders?
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Copy what FA does: The landing commander creates an initial explosion that blasts away all trees next to it and starts a few nice looking fires as well.
  17. nightbasilisk

nightbasilisk Active Member

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the thread. Probably a lot of people thought it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  18. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

Oh totally, and he'd seal the deal with like, at least a dozen melted 'mallows to keep them happy. He's pretty bohemian like that.

I also like the idea of the circular clear for the initial landing too, like what the nuke does now. I'd also like to see trees get vaporized without needing to be reclaimed if you build something in a clump of them (maybe right before the nanolathe skeleton goes up, any trees/rocks in the way do some nifty nanolathe disintegration animation or something).
    Quitch and cptconundrum like this.
  19. BulletsFrozen

BulletsFrozen Active Member

Something is better than nothing :p, and just small snapshots like this really give a allot of clues about what's going on at uber ;)
    corteks likes this.
  20. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I would love to see this happen! I don't want to be forced to look closely at the ground before planning a structure just to guess at how long it will take to clear the land. I want it to just magically disappear without my fabber wasting time clearing all of that junk.