King Of The Planet Series - Saturday 19th April, 17:00 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, April 15, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

In Week 2 of this series Cola_Colin unfortunately had to drop at the last moment and was unable to defend his crown. Matiz kindly stepped in and went on to defeat Godde 3 - 0 to become King Of The Planet!

In week 3 of this series, WPMarshall and [RLM] Grep will be streaming a best-of-five between King of the Planet PAG_Matiz and the challenger [RLM] Gandalf at 17:00 UTC on Saturday, 19th April.

[RLM] Gandalf has said that he will "train his *** off" this week to see if he can't take PAG_Matiz, and that ego we all know and love, down. Can a man known for his T1 Scamper Dox swarms make his game work for the current meta and topple the king?

Godde has raised some fair points in regards to how map selection was handled and spawn fairness judged. The rules will be revisited in light of this and a final rule set is expected to be posted tomorrow.

This, and all future King of the Planet games, will be streaming on the King of the Planet channel, so make sure to follow us to get notified of when the action starts. Or if you prefer, get your notification via Twitter.

Recordings of games will be uploaded both to WPMarshall's channel as well as the King of the Planet YouTube account, where we will be collecting all of the action.

To make sure you don't miss any future King of the Planet games, follow us on Facebook, Google+ or the PA Tournaments Steam group where we'll post details on any scheduled events.

The King of the Planet team hopes to see you in the stream on Saturday. Join us to cheer on your favourite, vote in increasingly ridiculous polls, watch to see what this week's technical issues will be, check if anyone remembers which channel to arrive at, and see how WPMarshall handles commentating a game in which he isn't in control of the camera.

It's going to be great.

EDIT: Want to challenge the king? Drop myself and @cptconundrum a PM and we'll do the rest. Games are generally each Sunday, 1700 UTC.
    Last edited: April 15, 2014
  2. superouman

superouman Post Master General

It would be awesome if the new patch is available before the KotP.
    wpmarshall likes this.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I don't even know who I hope wins here. I've always been a big fan of Matiz, but I love surprises and I can't help but see this as America vs. Poland.

I think I'm going to have to cheer on America for this one!
    allister and reptarking like this.
  4. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Canada Sighs.
  5. cptconundrum

So who does the Top Canadian endorse? :cool:
    Murcanic likes this.
  6. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Of the two It'll have to be Matiz :p
    Though If Gandalf wins I formally challenge him for next weeks King of the Planet ^^
  7. Quitch

I updated the OP for this after seeing your post, but if you want to issue a challenge to the king just drop a PM to me and @cptconundrum and we'll handle it from there.

There will likely not be a King of the Planet on the weekend of the 26th/27th owing to the Supernova Showdown tournament taking place.
  8. cptconundrum

Marshall did a great job today commentating on the game between me and Mered4 while DeadlyStrike was controlling the camera. He and Grep will do just fine on Saturday.
    stuart98, wpmarshall and Murcanic like this.
  9. Quitch

I'm amazed he got a word in edgeways ;)
    stuart98 and wpmarshall like this.
  10. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Just got to sound like you are making valid points :p

Plus cameras shouldn't be a problem as I feel as though I can describe locations of importance to Grep effectively enough for him to jump there if needed. (I still have my own camera and recording to see things :p not completely hands free)
  11. Quitch

The player rules have now been agreed for this weekend and are available for everyone to view.

http://1drv.ms/1l8SrA0
    shootall, cptconundrum and wpmarshall like this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

May I note that the PA Stats planet winter duel is 375 and thus 5 too small for your rules?
    Do you hate Winter Duel that much? xD
    cptconundrum and Quitch like this.
  13. Quitch

I thought it was 387. ****. In that case the minimum will be 375 for the moment :)

EDIT: Version 0.3 has gone up :D
  14. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

15. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Yep the rules are really good, I like.
  16. cptconundrum

Gandalf has been practicing non-stop. I've seen him try a lot of different play styles too. No pressure Gandalf, but all of America is counting on you!
    wpmarshall likes this.
  17. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

im gonna lose to the polish...
  18. cptconundrum

You might surprise him, though. ;)

You haven't stopped training all week. That has to count for something!
  19. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I havent stopped losing all week
  20. cptconundrum

:D Well, it will still be fun.