eXodus eSports

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, April 12, 2014.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

[​IMG]

Today is the launch of eXodus eSports, a new group for tournaments and competitive events. We bring so much more though, with news, strategy guides, streams from top players and much more to come.

The website has been in development for just a week and so much more is coming over the next few weeks and months. If you want to be a content creator for strategy guides or anything else you would like to contribute then just see http://exodusesports.com/guides/.

We will be working with @cptconundrum to bring you the King of the Planet events, and today we announce our first tournament, Supernova Showdown.

The team consists of @ZaphodX, @thesambasti, @martenus, @Bsport, @PRoeleert, and @tripax

Feel free to ask us questions :)
  2. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Here is the first strategy guide you can add in the website.
    1)Make an Astraeus
    2)Make a Vanguard
    3)Drop the Vanguard on a Commander
    4)???
    5)Profit
    mot9001, websterx01, drz1 and 4 others like this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Subtly named ;)

I really like the layout, nice and clean but easy to navigate.
    Martenus likes this.
  4. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Thanks Quitch,
    all credit to our wonderful developement team!

There is much more coming and some polishing is still missing, but we will definitely stick to this layout. There are some pretty big pages coming soon, which will have a lot of content and we want to keep it all clean and very easy to browse.

All of the website will as well be easy to browse on mobile phones and tablets!
    devoh and carlorizzante like this.
  5. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That site looks quite good! I'm excited to see where this goes. One question through, is this going to replace PACE (because the leaders for this used to be PACE leaders) or are they separate groups?
    drz1 likes this.
  6. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

I hope this kicks off. If it does, it will really help PA's long-term success :)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

These guys have done a really good job bringing together the right people for this team. I wish you all luck and look forward to working with you on the King Of The Planet series!
    carlorizzante and zaphodx like this.
  8. Martenus

Thanks LavaSnake, we are glad you like it :)

eXodus eSports is an independent organization. PACE operates on their own.
    Murcanic and LavaSnake like this.
  9. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I guess I could help with 'guides' and/or other stuff if needed / asked...
  10. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

What happend to 'PACE' ? Or is this just another name for another tournament "companie"?
  11. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

PACE is a separate organization, but the confusion is happening because the founders of eXodus were core members of PACE before they left.
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Fyi, the site breaks on mobile.
    Antiglow likes this.
  13. Quitch

I'm assuming there's plans to have a link somewhere in the Top 10 to see the full list and find our pleb selves? :)
    proeleert likes this.
  14. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

The site is looking very good! But the background flickers when I scroll. Ouch. That hurts my eyes a little.
  15. Quitch

Your Supernova Showdown is shown as being at 2000 UTC on the site and 1800 UTC in the upcoming tournament thread, but the countdown is for 1900 UTC. Also it would be good if the time could be added to the tournament page in addition to the countdown.
    Last edited: April 12, 2014
  16. Martenus

Hey Marshall, I will get back to you later to discuss about the guides.

Yes, the ladder you see on the front page is, let's say nothing to compared what there will be later :)

I will take a look on that and ask developers if we can do something about that, thanks for feedback.
  17. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Sp what's the story? Why this rival of PACE? What went wrong?
    drz1 likes this.
  18. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah we began work on the site just 3 days ago and could only work in the evening. So expect massive improvements in the coming week(s). We just got started....
    Clopse likes this.
  19. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

There is no rivalry with PACE, we are merely an esports group for tournaments that also provides a portal of lots of useful community content. PACE is a community organised group for tournaments where anyone can join and do what they like. eXodus works as a more structured and leadership based group and we will provide a completely different esports and viewing experience for players and viewers. The differences will become apparent at our first tournament :)
    philoscience, drz1, LavaSnake and 3 others like this.
  20. Martenus

We do not plan to interfere with any scheduled tournaments, PACE or any other, we strongly respect all other organisers.

Afterall, eXodus eSports is not only about hosting tournaments, we have much more to offer and we want to focus on the community as a whole. Our community hub will provide players with detailed guides, video hub and much more interesting features that I cannot reveal now.

We are also much smaller team and our goal is an ultimate experience for both players and viewers. I believe these core points of our work will soon be revealed at our first tournament and has already been shown on our website - we take things seriously.