I HATE NUKES

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nestar2, April 10, 2014.

1. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

Yeah but if u turtel as hell, u dont expand much, u dont have huge map control, u dont have much MEX. So i expand as hard as possible, will result in more eco than the turtler. And this will cause me to build more nukes, than he can build antinukes.
    Well u know its ugly when u loose all ur tanks through catapults or bots through holkins, a Nuke strike is cleaner against turteling.
    sypheara likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I never build anything that close together, and also, I tend to triangulate or stagger antinukes throughout my stuff with the 4th queue line after t2. After factory and t2 fabbers, first ones do extractors, second ones do pgens, third ones do flak and most vital places for t2 turrets, and 4th ones do antinukes. Yes, I am a turtle.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Learn to love the bomb.

[​IMG]
    sypheara likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I want a nuke model where a dox is riding it to it's destination, waiting it's arm in the air as it flies.
  5. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

It is not fun for most players. I rather get involved in epic robot battles than constantly count antinukes in my base or spread over half of planet and rebuild stuff again and again. Add to this annoying AI that sends 1 fabbr to build artilerr right outside my defense range. And game from epic turns into annoying whack a mole game.
  6. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Why do we need strategic level Nukes in this game?

Tactical ones maybe... by why the overpowered, 22,000 damage, 150 AoE, takes 12 minutes to build so I better assist it with everything I have, kind?
    Arachnis, igncom1 and ace63 like this.
  7. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Problem is that its easier to build nuke first and kill opponent or his eco. Scouting and attacking costs you about as much resources and on top of that it costs you more of time time than it costs one that is building nuke. If you have forces to raid enemy nuke, you could use those units much better on crippling his eco.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i said it before and i say it again .... commander rockmissileriding ... DO it! ...

who says we do?
    again all a ballancequestion ...

i still am against excluding them entirely
    i am sry but a futurewar is not a futurewar without large AoE weapons ... especialy in a game of this scale ...
    yes i want a clash of metalavalanches but i also want to be able pick propper big holes into those ...
    the keyword is having options ... don´t force others to play to a particular style just because you happen to not like something specific ... i want every option to have a propper risk to reward ...
    THAT is real ballance ...

aside from that there are generaly 2 reasons of why nukes can hurt you that much
    1. your personal playstyle being possibly too passive/flawed in some way or the other
    2. missing options to quickly get your counters to the enemy base
    and again antinukes are NOT that counter ... it was, is and will be always your army ... so have plenty of counters, not against the nuke but against the nukelauncher ... try not to just stop/catch the bullet but knock the gun out of your enemies hands ...
    Last edited: April 11, 2014
    Geers likes this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

One thing nukes need is range.

this "must be in orbit" rule is being stretched and exploited to no end

currently any system where all the planets aren't on their own axis (which is less interesting because of the long travel times and such) are nuke spam games without exception.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

disagreed, what nukes need are time and resources to be put into ...
    you dont want nukes to be redundant nor common, nukes need to be a serious investment that once launched
    a player realy feels the weight of missing or waisting a nuke ... what many people don´t seem to see is that the nuke - antinuke play is realy a cold war thing ... THAT is strategy, THAT is playing mindgames (apearantly a thing people don´t seem to want) and not just playing a slugballfest, but it needs to be properly implemented ...
  11. nestar2

nestar2 Member

I appreciate all your comments.

Yes , know there are ways to stay alive even with the nuke threat.

But.

I can no longer play relaxed.
    If I land a nuke the game is likely to be over to.
    Land and Sea units units become meaningless (only air units can snipe good and are fast enough)
    Having to pay attention at the 10th minuet for something massive like that does not feel right.
    This kind of speed is like StarCraft II except that small units are worth producing good too.
    And last but not least: There is no fun from minuet one!!!

So after all your comments: I STILL HATE NUKES
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Yes, a lot of people do, even skilled players. However, as I said, many players online are willing to play without nukes, all you have to do is make a game, and when people join say that that's your rule for your game, most people will just accept it and have fun anyway. Those who do not want to follow the rule(s) of your game will simply leave.