King Of The Planet Series - Sunday April 13, 17:00 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cptconundrum, April 7, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

In Week 1 of this series, ColaColin defeated Matiz 3-1 to become our first King Of The Planet! The viewers all got a chance to hang out together on Zaphod's Twitch chat while watching two of Planetary Annihilation's best players show off their skill in four very exciting matches. Today's game was a lot of fun, so we're coming back next Sunday at the same time to watch our new king face his most fearsome competitor in what is going to be one of the most exciting games of Planetary Annihilation that we have ever seen.

In week 2 of this series, @ZaphodX will be streaming a match between @cola_colin and @Godde at 17:00 UTC on Sunday, April 13.

We're all really excited about watching a best out of 5 game between two players as good as ColaColin and Godde, so come join us in Zaphod's Twitch chat as we watch the game together! Will ColaColin defeat a second opponent and remain the King, or can Godde dethrone him and claim the title for himself? Whatever the outcome, next week's game will be a great way to interact with the rest of the PA community while we all watch together.

Godde will have the first choice of the map, which can be either a PA Stats map or a randomly generated system. After that, the loser of each round can select the map for the next round. The game will continue until one player wins three rounds and takes the title of King Of The Planet!
    Last edited: April 8, 2014
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Godde, (CLAP CLAP CLAP)
    Godde (CLAP CLAP CLAP)
    GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE! ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I'm at work so I can't do it but it might be nice for Quitch or cpt to do the straw polls and add to OP so people can start voting.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

This should be pretty good. Cola is favorite with the current build but if we get some big changes before the weekend I reckon godde will take it.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

6. cptconundrum

Can we hold at least some of the polls back until the game? I don't mind these ones being up, but I think those straw polls make it more fun to watch the game live with everyone else.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. Quitch

We'll have the individual game result ones, plus we got a number of people just off the back of Zaphod's followers getting notifications so they won't have seen these in advance.

Zaphod, a quick 30 second update to your YouTube channel announcing this might help pull in some more viewers as well.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. Quitch

Is Meta joining for this one? If not I was thinking it might be interesting to try Matiz as a colour commentator, obviously if Zaphod is willing. I've been really impressed with his stream.
  9. cptconundrum

According to PA Stats, Godde has won 7 out of the 8 games he has played against ColaColin. I wouldn't count Colin out just yet though, because he has been getting a lot more practice in PA recently. ColaColin actually has twice as many games recorded over the last two weeks as Godde, which could end up being really important.

Interestingly, both players' APM averages on PA Stats are the same, with 129 for ColaColin and 130 for Godde. Godde seems to play a little faster in reality, but his stats are brought down here by the fact that he doesn't click around so much at the start of the game.

If you want to see more of these players' stats, you can check out their PA Stats player pages;
    ColaColin also streams his point of view on his Twitch account sometimes. He was even streaming the Week 1 games against Matiz on Sunday!
    carlorizzante, shootall and LavaSnake like this.
  10. Illmaren

Illmaren Active Member

atm i´m just watching what happens....
    [​IMG]

But i hope that there are more viewers then last time. ;)
    websterx01 likes this.
  11. Quitch

Well Uber have been kind enough to announce this one on the Planetary Annihilation Facebook page, though it seems they forgot to include the time :)

The real question is whether Godde is too rusty to win. That's right, Godde, you heard me. Rusty :p
    Last edited: April 9, 2014
    drz1 likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

:eek: Looking at this page, it seems Matiz is the only player that has ever managed to beat Godde more than once.
  13. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Wow. This is going to be a close game.
  14. cptconundrum

Godde says that he has had more losses than that, but it was back when spectators had to delete their commander. PA Stats would have thought those were three player games and the ladder doesn't have them recorded.
  15. LavaSnake

hm, well I'm interested to see the result anyway.
  16. cptconundrum

Yeah, ColaColin vs. Godde is going to be really exciting! We also have a couple new treats for the live viewers this week.
    drz1 and LavaSnake like this.
  17. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Well guys,
    I know that Godde is very, very good player. But Cola_Colin defo has the advantage here.

Cola hasn't stopped practising 1v1s. Take a look at his history: http://ladder.pastats.tk/player/410
    He has played at least 25 1v1 matches in April and won most of them.

On the other hand, Godde, the least-defeated player in overal, has only played 1 match in April! http://ladder.pastats.tk/player/4532

So while Cola_Colin is the only true crowned King, Godde has been the unofficial King for a long long time. Will the lack of practice mean he will lose his rank now? Will Cola_Colin just deny his rule in three quick blows? We will find out soon!

Long live the King!
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

exciting!
  19. cptconundrum

Be sure to watch this Sunday's game live with us, guys. We have some pretty amazing surprises for live viewers in Week 2.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  20. LavaSnake

Does that include a certain sketch tool? ;)